26 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2
Sorry This thread was confusing already but have no idea what you are saying?

My Website, Free Studio One Advance Training
SPECS: Win 11 22H2, 18 Core i9: 32Gb DDR4 ram, 42" 4K monitor, StudioLive 24/16, Faderport16, Central Station Plus, Sceptre 6, Sceptre 8, Temblor T10, Eris 4.5, HP60, Studio One Pro latest, Test Platforms Reaper latest, Cakewalk latest
by clintrupp on Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:14 pm
I think he is talking about the VST window being open and staying focused regardless of where/what window you click outside the VST window. His GIF/vid clip shows a VST window open. Mine does the same thing and personally glad it acts the way it does. I run full screen on one monitor mostly and if I clicked the S1 main bar and the VST window went to the back, I wouldn't be happy trying to get it to refocus. I imagine this is why it behaves this way. Again, I am personally glad it does. Pull the VST and pin it to another monitor if you want to keep them open and focused.

Maybe a feature request is in order to toggle the behavior in the options.

Win 10 x64, Gigabyte Z170 GA-7 i7 6700k, 32GB DDR4 3000MHz , Gigabyte GTX 970, Water Cooled. 2 X SSD Samsung NVMe 950 Pro 512gb, 840D SSD, 3TB WDC, Studio One Pro V4.1, CS18Ai, Quantum, Studio 192, E66 x2, E8 x 2, E5 x2, Temblor T10, Monitor Station V2, MPD218, MPD226, Cubase 10, Reaper 5, All iZotope and FabFilter plugs, Amplitube 4, Superior Drummer 3.0, EZ Drummer 2
by Lokeyfly on Wed Jun 14, 2017 2:15 am
??????
As to this initial post.

Remind me to never answer these types of rants....uh, threads. If I do, someone please kick me.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by chris_b on Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:50 am
jpettit wroteSorry This thread was confusing already but have no idea what you are saying?

I think the discussion maybe isn't so clear because the way floating panels behave in S1 isn't always consistent?

For example, try centering the Performance Monitor panel over the MIDI Monitor panel like I have in the attached image and see what happens (it's the same on OSX as well)...

panels.jpg

and if you open the Instrument Editor and have it partially overlapping those two panels you'll see inconsistent z-ordering behavior when you click between them all.
by bboerma on Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:17 pm
chrisbowes wrote
jpettit wroteSorry This thread was confusing already but have no idea what you are saying?

I think the discussion maybe isn't so clear because the way floating panels behave in S1 isn't always consistent?

For example, try centering the Performance Monitor panel over the MIDI Monitor panel like I have in the attached image and see what happens (it's the same on OSX as well)...

panels.jpg

and if you open the Instrument Editor and have it partially overlapping those two panels you'll see inconsistent z-ordering behavior when you click between them all.

Oke, i think i understand what you're trying to point out here.
The performance screen can not be placed in front of other screens. It always goes behind plugins and in your example, the midi monitor screen. Am i correct?

Home Studio Connection
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One 3.5 Pro - Win 10 X64 ( i7 6700k, 16 GB Dual 2400) - Focusrite 6i6
Focal Alpha 50 - Softube Console 1 - Faderport - Monitor Station v2
by chris_b on Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:38 am
bboerma wroteOke, i think i understand what you're trying to point out here.
The performance screen can not be placed in front of other screens. It always goes behind plugins and in your example, the midi monitor screen. Am i correct?

Yes - it's a little weird from a user interface perspective, because you'd expect these floating panels to all behave in the same way when you interact with them. But I've only seen that issue with the Performance Monitor, so it doesn't really bother me.

Re. other stuff mentioned in the thread: I think the pin button is fine and completely logical, regardless of what 'pinning' might mean in other apps.

And with the instrument and effect windows it doesn't take long to get used to toggling them with F12.

26 postsPage 2 of 2
1, 2