7 posts
Page 1 of 1
First of all: Great Update overall, fantastic, ...

..so I was very happy when watching the youtube video "What's New In PreSonus Studio One 3.5" from the "Studio One Expert" channel , learning that it is now possible to choose different Audio Interfaces for Output and Input processing ("Playback Device / Recording Device" under Audio Setup) . But when I opened the Audio Setup page of Studio One I wondered why I do not see this -long awaited- option. I see more ore less the same Audio Setup Page as with 3.3 (see snapshot)

I am using two WC syncronized MARIAN PCIe Audio Cards: D4 and AD2 (System is 12 core and Win 7/ 64 BIt, current service pack and updates, works perfect with all of my DAWs)

I run a seperate AD Converter which is PC/ DAW- connected with my 8 Channel AES/ EBU PCIe-card "Marian D4" .

For digital and analogue monitoring I use a Marian AD2 PCIe-card (because of its excellent 32 Bit DAC) .

Again: when opening the Audio-Interface Setup I cannot choose "Recording device" and "PLayback device" seperately. There is not even the option so called. I can choose the MArian D4 or the AD2 Card.

by the way: The cards and drivers are fine, both working perfect under S1 and with all my other DAWs- OHH, I just recognized that I also cannot choose multi core support anymore ??? wow, whats that ?

I did a full de-installation and installed again. All the same. Totally strange, no multi core and no option to choose different input out devices. On my Mac everything works fine -- aargh , but I need the Win 7 System its my workhorse

I feel in a dead end situation. need some help or clarification what might be wrong with my system
thanks in advance

Attachments
S1 3.5 Setup menue.JPG

Win 11: i9-9900K, 64GB RAM, M.2/ SSDs, ASUS Z390, 2x Lynx E44. MacOS Ventura: M2 Pro, 16 GB, 2x Metric Halo ULN8.
DAW: S1, Nuendo, Samplitude, ProTools, Bitwig.
by Funkybot on Fri May 26, 2017 4:46 pm
udapel wroteFirst of all: Great Update overall, fantastic, ...

..so I was very happy when watching the youtube video "What's New In PreSonus Studio One 3.5" from the "Studio One Expert" channel , learning that it is now possible to choose different Audio Interfaces for Output and Input processing ("Playback Device / Recording Device" under Audio Setup) . But when I opened the Audio Setup page of Studio One I wondered why I do not see this -long awaited- option. I see more ore less the same Audio Setup Page as with 3.3 (see snapshot)

I am using two WC syncronized MARIAN PCIe Audio Cards: D4 and AD2 (System is 12 core and Win 7/ 64 BIt, current service pack and updates, works perfect with all of my DAWs)

I run a seperate AD Converter which is PC/ DAW- connected with my 8 Channel AES/ EBU PCIe-card "Marian D4" .

For digital and analogue monitoring I use a Marian AD2 PCIe-card (because of its excellent 32 Bit DAC) .

Again: when opening the Audio-Interface Setup I cannot choose "Recording device" and "PLayback device" seperately. There is not even the option so called. I can choose the MArian D4 or the AD2 Card.

by the way: The cards and drivers are fine, both working perfect under S1 and with all my other DAWs- OHH, I just recognized that I also cannot choose multi core support anymore ??? wow, whats that ?

I did a full de-installation and installed again. All the same. Totally strange, no multi core and no option to choose different input out devices. On my Mac everything works fine -- aargh , but I need the Win 7 System its my workhorse

I feel in a dead end situation. need some help or clarification what might be wrong with my system
thanks in advance

I believe the "different devices for recording and playback" feature is Mac only.

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by udapel on Sat May 27, 2017 4:57 am
funky Boy , "Mac Only " are you sure ?

@ Presonus , can you please comment ?

thank you
U

Win 11: i9-9900K, 64GB RAM, M.2/ SSDs, ASUS Z390, 2x Lynx E44. MacOS Ventura: M2 Pro, 16 GB, 2x Metric Halo ULN8.
by Lawrence on Sat May 27, 2017 5:11 am
Read the release notes... menu Help > View Release Notes...

by udapel on Sat May 27, 2017 5:48 am
Arghh , thank you Lawrence - I am frustrated now.

:(

by heikoschultze on Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:02 am
Arrghh, I had exactly the same problem on my Windows PC and now I am frustrated as well. Any chance to get this feature for Windows in a later patch? Or are there any OS-specific restrictions that prevent this?

Thanks!
by matthewgorman on Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:04 am
heikoschultze wroteArrghh, I had exactly the same problem on my Windows PC and now I am frustrated as well. Any chance to get this feature for Windows in a later patch? Or are there any OS-specific restrictions that prevent this?

Thanks!

I don't believe there is native OS support in windows like there is in mac.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

7 posts
Page 1 of 1