9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi,

Is there a way I can display flat notes, instead of sharp in the key editor ?

i.e. (E-flat) instad of (D-Sharp) ?

I couldn't find a setting to change this, is there a way to change it ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp

Studio One Pro 6.0.2 , FaderPort 8, ATOM. (Windows 10).

HW Synths, Virtual Instruments, Sample Libraries, HW & VST Effects, and Various Acoustic Instruments
by muziksculp on Thu May 18, 2017 7:23 pm
Hmmm... So is it not possible to display flats instead of sharps in the key editor ?

Can anyone confirm ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp

HW Synths, Virtual Instruments, Sample Libraries, HW & VST Effects, and Various Acoustic Instruments
by niles on Fri May 19, 2017 4:14 am
I can confirm it's not possible.

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by muziksculp on Fri May 19, 2017 11:07 am
niles wroteI can confirm it's not possible.

Thanks for the feedback.

Hopefully this will be improved in the next Studio One 3.5 update. Which is most likely just around the corner.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

by jimmydeluxe on Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:58 pm
I've been using s1 for years and have never bothered to set the key. Now that I want to, I'm surprised/annoyed that it can't be set in flat rather than sharp. Wow...other things I hope for first but this is a shocker to me...

mac studio 10 core 32gb ram 1tb ssd
Ventura
presonus 2626
by garyshepherd on Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:05 pm
What about the drum notes editor ? You can name each key so it shows in the editor window instead of the keyboard roll display.

Please note that I may express opinions that are different from yours but I do not intend to cause offence.
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7, 64 bit, Studio One 6.5 Professional (always the latest) , Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Studio, Digital Performer 11.2, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.71, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
by bartonpopenoe on Fri Dec 28, 2018 4:36 pm
I found that right-clicking the chord name in the circle of fifths interface toggles the selected chord between the sharp and flat variation - ie.- C# or Db

I haven't found this tip in any documentation though, and I will also say that it doesn't seem to work on the Song Key wheel, just in the Chord track.
by codyhazelle on Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:46 am
Huh? I've definitely set the keys of my project to Db and Bb before...Are you sure about this? Are you talking about the piano roll specifically or what?

EDIT: Clear as day if you click "key" next to tempo it brings up a circle of fifths, complete with flat keys and everything.

Attachments
SO Keys.png

Windows 10 64-bit, 16GB RAM, AMD Ryzen R7 1700 3GHz, Radeon RX 480, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Gen 2, Studio One 4 Pro
by bartonpopenoe on Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:07 pm
I think the question is about choosing between displaying flats or sharps in the circle of fifths wheel. There isn't a preference setting to choose between displaying flats or sharps. I just happened upon right-clicking on the note name to toggle between the two choices. I tried the same thing in the track key circle of fifths wheel and it didn't work... in v4 I can only choose flats. Not really a huge deal, but I always think of my guitar being tuned down to C# (not to Db), so it keeps things straight in my head when I can set the display that way.

9 posts
Page 1 of 1