88 postsPage 1 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
do i need a super musical EQ or will a musical EQ suffice?

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by klypeman on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:19 am
I would take the second one as you need to show your talent. And make that super. !!

Forum Moderator.
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 6 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by jBranam on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:09 am
it kills me how developers have jumped from musical to 'super' musical lol what is next?

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by Jemusic on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:04 pm
I think if you have got it then the channel EQ in Mixbus 32C is the way to go for a nice musical sound. On a mixer the channel EQ is the way to go. It is one reason why I like Mixbus because that DSP is all built in and allocated too. Dynamics too on the channel. Between the EQ and dynamics you have pretty well got it under control.

Getting all serious now. I saw a top engineer being interviewed by David Pensado. I think it was Bob Clearmountain. And he was saying when being all ITB these days he is using one or two EQ's or compressors at most. You only need one or two. They are pretty similar actually in what they do.

I think Pro EQ is nice in Studio One too. Something like the Fab Filter Pro-Q 2 eq might be nice as a companion. Not sure if to is super musical or not though. Looks like it to me.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by jBranam on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:44 pm
well it was a joke at developers and their hype jargon but i think they refer to the filtering designs used (butterworth, bax. etc.) they ALL called them musical... now they have jumped on to 'super' musical to get one up on the competition lol cheers

jay

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by jBranam on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:49 pm
this has turned into one of my favorite EQs... the Lindell TE-100 https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... e-100.html it ain't surgical by no means and with 14 tubes... it is far from transparent lol

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by Lokeyfly on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:49 pm
Never, I repeat, NEVER place a musical EQ in lline with a Super Musical EQ. Just the thought of such a thing. Why did I even put the thought of it out there.

Sorry. :|

Btw, what did the fish say, when he hit his head on a wall?
Answer:

......."damn".

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Lokeyfly on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:07 pm
JBrannam wrote: it kills me how developers have jumped from musical to 'super' musical lol what is next?

Organic EQ's

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by Lokeyfly on Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:09 pm

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by pmsezztfs on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:21 pm
jBranam wroteit kills me how developers have jumped from musical to 'super' musical lol what is next?

I doubt the developers had any say in what it's called. For that we have Marketing Experts.

Here's the next step: New Improved King Size Super Musical thing. Gonna have to get me one of those snap snap. :lol:

Michael Morgan | pearl hour project
---------------------------------------------------------------
Intel i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz | 16G ram
Windows 10 | Studio One v3.3.1 | Live 9.6 (all software 64 bit)
RME Fireface UFX | Nektar Panorama P1 | AKAI MPK25 | M-Audio Keystation 88 I Maschine 2 | Fader Port 8 ;)
by jBranam on Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:40 pm
lol mike.... i think they need 'new and improved' words lol cheers SUPER-SIZE ME

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by mrpicholas on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:04 pm
Lokeyfly wrote
JBrannam wrote: it kills me how developers have jumped from musical to 'super' musical lol what is next?

Organic EQ's

Super Organic

MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16GB RAM & OS 11.6.4. Studio One Professional 5, Notion 5, Presonus Quantum 2626, PreSonus Sceptre S6, FaderPort, Melodyne Editor, plugs from Waves, AAS, Arturia, Nomad Factory, IK. Faber-Castell #2 Pencil
by Lokeyfly on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:08 am

Hybrid.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by jBranam on Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:19 am
i want a non-musical one so i can show it the error of it's ways :oops:

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by klypeman on Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:09 am
To be fair my most used master setup is as follows, all UAD : Pultec EQP-1A with very small adjustments as it is mostly for tube feeling, Manley Massive Passive for adjustment and then Shadow Hills for comp when needed and then Precision Limiter and ATR-102 for tape when needed.

The Pultec plugin simply gives a good glue as a first plugin almost without adjustments, if that means it's musical I'm all for it.
The Harrison 32C from UAD I like mainly on drum tracks, snares mostly and sometimes on synths as well.

I could have used the Pro EQ as main EQ more but I have these toys so.. But I use it to see the freq's and make small adjustments on many of the tracks.
I think I could have mixed pretty decent with the Pro EQ as the only EQ to be fair.

I guess we all get suckered from time to time but will refer to an old saying : horses for courses
and one setup don't fit for all so a bit of choice is nice to be able to get in the ballpark for the particulars quickly.
This is really true when I get stuck and need a different take on things fast.

Did I mention I love the sound of UAD Plugins ?? ;) :geek: :mrgreen:

Forum Moderator.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core 3.90 GHz Windows 10 64bit Home, MacBook Pro + Mini Big Sur, SO 5.5 Pro, SO 6.1.1 Pro, LUNA, Cubase 10.5 Pro, SLIII32, 24.4.2, 16.0.2 FW, Quantum 2626, Faderport 8, FaderPort 16, Atom, Atom SQ, Console 1+Fader 1, UA Apollo Twin TB/USB, Toontrack, NI Komplete 12, ++
by Lokeyfly on Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:19 am
Could people stop using the phrase "glue" with DAW plugins, that have no relevance. It's hard enough knowing my destiny.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by jBranam on Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:27 am
well there is ALWAYS the eternal pasture Jim :thumbup:

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯
by klypeman on Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:16 am
@Lokeyfly
Sorry I'm not Amerikaan and is melting pot better for you ? I don't know how to write a better description for the word glue as in my ears it gets more seamless and coohearent (propably missspelled that one too) I could of couse have written sewing machine or similar like stiching
but you know glue is a four letter word and I'm lazy so ...
I'm an old wallpainter and have done my tapestry and still like glue. :shock: :mrgreen:

Forum Moderator.

by miked7 on Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:36 am
jBranam wroteit kills me how developers have jumped from musical to 'super' musical lol what is next?

The EQ plugin to end all EQ plugins: the ultra musical transparent EQ... :+1

---- - ----
Studio One Pro 6.5 | Apollo Twin Duo USB | Win10 | AMD Ryzen 3 | 32GB RAM | SSDs
SoundCloud | Project 9732 | Komplex 2
by Lokeyfly on Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:47 am
Hi Klypeman,

I hope the joke was taken as harmless. "Glue" is used often to describe such things as keeping the dynamics "pulled in", so the metaphor (one word desribing something relevant) is a good one.

Certainly no intent on any language abilities. People here will tell you, I'm very impressed with multi lingual folks, and even a bit jealous as I'd like to spend more time learning a new language myself (Spanish & German being the choice). So Bravo to you, my friend. You speak English very well.

So has the melting pot been good here in the USA? Largely yes. There are many cultural advantages, exchanges, and people are quite amazing when stewed into the same place. Especially where I live which has no equal in number of walks of life. "Variety is the spice of life,)", as your native language may have a similar saying.

Enjoy those very nice items you spoke of having.
Last edited by Lokeyfly on Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

88 postsPage 1 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5