15 posts
Page 1 of 1
Where can I find additional organ sounds for Presence? I'm looking for a very smooth sounding patch without any percussive elements (like with the stock Jazz Organ patch). JX Organ is again close but with more attack than I like and it's a bit bright for the piece.

I am looking for an organ with smooth, warm, mellow tone, with very little attack and/or percussive element. Can anyone recommend a good VST or soundfount or other plugin?

Studio One 5.1 on Windows 10 x64 (i7 processor, 16gb RAM)
FP10 FireWire
Kurzweil SP76 digital piano / MIDI controller
Akai MPD24 pad control
by scottmoncrieff on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:34 pm
I directed you to a forum page to find this sf2 source previously when you wanted bells. Click on the blue text 'sf2 source' above for the direct link.

THE INTRANCER- Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist |- Full Orchestral -Trance - Ambient - Film Scores 27 on S-Cloud 7000+genuine plays | 16 on S-Click | Studio One 3 Concept Re-Designs - Sample One XT | Reason X | S-O-3 Pro | Reaktor 6.0 | Reason 7 | C4D | CS6 |Win 7 64 Bit-Intel I7 [email protected],Focusrite Pro 14, ATH M50's, Casio XW P1&G1 Producer 20+ years - FOH - UK Stadium / Festivals) >>Studio One 3D GUI's<<
by Adria S. on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:53 pm
I completely missed your earlier link (bells). Downloading this collection now. Thanks!

FP10 FireWire
Akai MPD24 pad control
by scottmoncrieff on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:04 pm
Adria S. wroteI completely missed your earlier link (bells). Downloading this collection now. Thanks!

I didn't give you a direct link as above previously, just a forum page number (4 ) so you could scan down it, and find it yourself ;). In anycase, there's enough content there that you probably won't need to ask for the type of sounds you're looking for, for possibly months or years. And oh, you might want to create a separate tab in Studio One's browser so they are always available to access easily.
Last edited by scottmoncrieff on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THE INTRANCER- Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist |- Full Orchestral -Trance - Ambient - Film Scores 27 on S-Cloud 7000+genuine plays | 16 on S-Click | Studio One 3 Concept Re-Designs - Sample One XT | Reason X | S-O-3 Pro | Reaktor 6.0 | Reason 7 | C4D | CS6 |Win 7 64 Bit-Intel I7 [email protected],Focusrite Pro 14, ATH M50's, Casio XW P1&G1 Producer 20+ years - FOH - UK Stadium / Festivals) >>Studio One 3D GUI's<<
by Adria S. on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:07 pm
I have the files now (thanks again!) but won't be back in the studio for another day. Will these install and be usable as instrument options in Presence?

FP10 FireWire
Akai MPD24 pad control
by scottmoncrieff on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:16 pm
Adria S. wroteI have the files now (thanks again!) but won't be back in the studio for another day. Will these install and be usable as instrument options in Presence?

Yes, and I just edited my last post to mention the bit about creating a Tab for them with the location to them. They are all SF2, so when you drag and drop Presence XT will open up by default. You may need to edit the Presence settings to your liking in any music you create. You could save presets but that's a bit of hassle and not really necessary as the settings are all saved with any songs you save, like everything else. :)

You'll find bells in the 804 soundfont set btw, Tubular Bells is one.

by Adria S. on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:35 pm
Got them all loaded. Some of the string patches are to die for.. amazing. Liked the bells. Also found a suitable organ tone.

Thank you!!!

FP10 FireWire
Akai MPD24 pad control
by scottmoncrieff on Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:54 pm
Adria S. wroteGot them all loaded. Some of the string patches are to die for.. amazing. Liked the bells. Also found a suitable organ tone.

Thank you!!!

That's great :thumbup:

by sirmonkey on Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:17 pm
And if you would like to edit any soundfont, you can do it using a completely free program called "Polyphone". You can grab it at the developer's site here: http://sur.ly/o/polyphone.fr/AA000014
You can create new soundfonts using any samples that you have, but to get familiar, it is easiest to open an existing soundfont, and play around with the program. It is a tremendous soundfont editor. I wouldn't trade it for any of the paid ones.

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by Jemusic on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:19 pm
Thanks Scott. Those links are excellent. I ended up download everything include the full paid versions for some of those libraries. Well worth it. You have opened me up to the world of SFZ libraries and how well they can work in Presence XT and within Studio One.

I have been expanding my Presence library a bit these days and your links certainly will give those SFZ libraries for me a tremendous boost. The Eminent 310U organ/strings mentioned elsewhere is also a great and very affordable library.

And thanks to Simon too as I got the editor program too. Excellent resource that one.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by Adria S. on Mon Apr 24, 2017 7:21 pm
Jemusic wroteThe Eminent 310U organ/strings mentioned elsewhere is also a great and very affordable library.

Jermusic, could you point me in the direction of the 310U soundfont library you purchased? I found this freebie but am unsure if it's the same: http://www.perkristian.net/studio_eminent310.shtml

FP10 FireWire
Akai MPD24 pad control
by Jemusic on Mon Apr 24, 2017 8:15 pm
Here is the thread:

viewtopic.php?f=213&t=25106

Or the website itself:

http://mcpersso310u.com

It is only 14 Euros but it is an excellent sample set of this classic Jarre string sound. And he has done it all for Presence XT so it all loads in a treat too.

But you really need the phase shifter which Jarre also used called an Electro Harmonix Small Stone. But here is the VST version of Small Stone phaser. It is called Big Rock:

http://www.artsacoustic.com/artsacoustic_bigrock.php

Now I really recommend this phaser because not only it sounds amazing but it really works well in conjunction with the Eminent organ/strings sounds

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by scottmoncrieff on Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:45 pm
Jemusic wroteThanks Scott. Those links are excellent.

I know of many excellent things, and somethings you won't discover till after I'm gone ;)

---

Adria for Jean Michel Jarre type stuff... If you happen to own Reaktor 6, there is this free and amazingly authentic sounding ensemble instrument emulation of the Eminent 310 Unique/Theatre Organ. You can listen to the preview here vie the link. It was last updated 4 months ago.

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/r ... show/4923/

by Adria S. on Thu May 11, 2017 8:29 pm
Found an even smoother organ tone for my composition.

http://rkhive.com/organ.html -> Jeux 14 (128 patches). I am using the Jeu de Fltes patch.

If that link ever goes down, I have a backup on my gdrive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-xT_ ... 1R3X1lGTTA

FP10 FireWire
Akai MPD24 pad control
by Jemusic on Fri May 12, 2017 5:37 am
Thanks Adria. Nice organ sound. But using PSP Lotary 2 (Rotating Leslie effects) pushes these sounds into the stratosphere though. They sound a million times better.

15 posts
Page 1 of 1