10 posts
Page 1 of 1
If there's one thing that's really tedious whilst using Studio One, it's having to always open the console to adjust the master panning positions of any track. Adding automation tracks, is tedious and just adds clutter for anyone that suggests going that route. It would just help streamline the usability aspects imop.

THE INTRANCER- Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist |- Full Orchestral -Trance - Ambient - Film Scores 27 on S-Cloud 7000+genuine plays | 16 on S-Click | Studio One 3 Concept Re-Designs - Sample One XT | Reason X | S-O-3 Pro | Reaktor 6.0 | Reason 7 | C4D | CS6 |Win 7 64 Bit-Intel I7 [email protected],Focusrite Pro 14, ATH M50's, Casio XW P1&G1 Producer 20+ years - FOH - UK Stadium / Festivals) >>Studio One 3D GUI's<<
by timmorris on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:58 am
Scott...maybe I misunderstand your question, but isnt the track pan adjustable in the Inspector on the Arranger window?

Presonus 16.4.2 - Mac mini 2.3G i7, 16G Ram, Faderport - S1 -3 Pro
Novation Impulse 49 - Yamaha HS7 - Kemper Profiler -
SE 3300 - SE2200 - SE Reflexion - EBMM AAxis super sport - Taylor 414CE - PRS 513.
by Jemusic on Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:10 am
And if you have the Faderport as well you can pan from there the moment you select a track. Even if the console is not open. As Tim suggests you can see the pan position from the inspector.

Specs i5-2500K 3.5 Ghz-8 Gb RAM-Win 7 64 bit - ATI Radeon HD6900 Series - RME HDSP9632 - Midex 8 Midi interface - Faderport 2/8 - Atom Pad/Atom SQ - HP Laptop Win 10 - Studio 24c interface -iMac 2.5Ghz Core i5 - High Sierra 10.13.6 - Focusrite Clarett 2 Pre & Scarlett 18i20. Studio One V5.5 (Mac and V6.5 Win 10 laptop), Notion 6.8, Ableton Live 11 Suite, LaunchPad Pro
by CTStump on Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:07 am
timmorris wroteScott...maybe I misunderstand your question, but isnt the track pan adjustable in the Inspector on the Arranger window?

I think what he means is on the track itself in the arrange pane. There is only a volume fader there. I think he doesn't want to open the Inspector just to adjust the pan.

Another feature request I guess....

Studio One Pro 4.6
Various Old Toys
***WARNING***Anything I post is subject to scrutiny as necessary or not... being human I'm prone to error, forgive and forget as necessary...OR NOT***WARNING*** ;)
by scottmoncrieff on Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:41 am
The other point is that you can only see one pan position for single tracks selected in the Inspector even if you do use it, if you have multiple tracks with different pan positions then you need to open the console to see them. If pan controls are on the tracks themselves, you get a complete overview without any other panels taking up any screen estate and have any pan positions available and at a glance.It's also much easier to gauge the relative pan positions on the vertical axis of multiple tracks to one another than horizontally.

THE INTRANCER- Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist |- Full Orchestral -Trance - Ambient - Film Scores 27 on S-Cloud 7000+genuine plays | 16 on S-Click | Studio One 3 Concept Re-Designs - Sample One XT | Reason X | S-O-3 Pro | Reaktor 6.0 | Reason 7 | C4D | CS6 |Win 7 64 Bit-Intel I7 [email protected],Focusrite Pro 14, ATH M50's, Casio XW P1&G1 Producer 20+ years - FOH - UK Stadium / Festivals) >>Studio One 3D GUI's<<
by Lawrence on Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:52 am
It's been an FR on Answers (the official FR board) since February. We should probably search there before starting FR threads here, and maybe link to the existing FR there if there is one already.

http://answers.presonus.com/14289/add-a ... 289#q14289

That one isn't very popular it seems. 3 votes so far. It will likely need a lot more votes than that to rise up the priority list.
by scottmoncrieff on Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:36 pm
The FR on Answers is a graveyard area of the website, it's purpose was to mitigate peoples ongoing requests from the forums. (An automated / auto response message, under the name of Alex Tinsley) is triggered. Things only get noticed when they are discussed on forums. There are 3500 requests for studio one, you would be as well as throwing your wish in a wishing well and hoping an employee just happens to fish the message out, where you would be better off sticking a big notice outside their head office where people are discussing it and where it's actually read. The FR on Answers area is a waste of time.

by CTStump on Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:48 pm
Although it may be a graveyard it is the place for requests. I don't think discussion about feature requests out of bounds here in this forum. The only thing that bothers me the most is when someone who post's a topic doesn't take the time to search before and reply in a previous post of the same topic.

It's good thing to corral these threads to a single topic or forum. We also should be able to discuss features here one at a time instead of muliple topics of the same issue.

Studio One Pro 4.6
Various Old Toys
***WARNING***Anything I post is subject to scrutiny as necessary or not... being human I'm prone to error, forgive and forget as necessary...OR NOT***WARNING*** ;)
by Lawrence on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:30 pm
There are 3500 requests for studio one, you would be as well as throwing your wish in a wishing well

No offense Scott but that is pure nonsense. Some things that have been highly voted there have been added to Studio One and will continue to be. Not everything, nobody ever gets everything they want, but enough.

It's there for a purpose, so they can see what people want - most - without navigating through endless bickering in FR threads. If you want panning on the arrange track, encourage people to vote it up there. Posting it here won't accomplish anything.

(An automated / auto response message, under the name of Alex Tinsley) is triggered.

You should not speak to things when you have - no clue - what you're talking about.
by matthewgorman on Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:25 pm
scottmoncrieff wroteThe FR on Answers is a graveyard area of the website, it's purpose was to mitigate peoples ongoing requests from the forums. (An automated / auto response message, under the name of Alex Tinsley) is triggered. Things only get noticed when they are discussed on forums. There are 3500 requests for studio one, you would be as well as throwing your wish in a wishing well and hoping an employee just happens to fish the message out, where you would be better off sticking a big notice outside their head office where people are discussing it and where it's actually read. The FR on Answers area is a waste of time.

What is a true waste of time is dealing with posts such as this. Since the link at the top of every page is not enough, please take the time to review the following:

Forum Code of Conduct
Mischief makers will not be tolerated on the forum. You agree, through your use of this forum, that you will not post any material which is: intentionally false, coercive, invasive of a person's privacy, defamatory, vulgar, contains adult material, intentionally inaccurate, hateful, disrespectful, abusive, harassing, malcontent, derogatory, obscene, in ALL CAPS!, insulting, profane, rude, offensive, sexually oriented, or threatening in any way. Spam, flooding, advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, and solicitations are also forbidden on the forum.
You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless you own the copyright or you have written consent from the owner of the copyrighted material.

The post in question violates several items on this list, and is in violation of the forum rules. Posts such as this will not be allowed to continue. Either observe and abide by the rules that are in place, or take your discussion to another venue.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5

10 posts
Page 1 of 1