4 posts
Page 1 of 1
My studio is offline for the moment (maybe for a good while actually, given the local economy) so I'm setup in the home office on the second floor of my home as shown in the image below. Working out pretty well so far for basic stuff.

Using a cheap $300 Best Buy laptop hooked up to an AR12 USB for monitoring or recording while using a CS18AI for a mix controller. Given that the studio is offline I also moved my Dynaudio monitors into the office lab. Because the control room outs on the AR12 are TRS and the Dynaudios only have XLR ins, I have them hooked up via passive direct boxes so I can have monitor control from the AR12. Not a bad setup for basic non-critical recording and mixing, given the room. I don't expect to do great mixes from there but it's workable.

by jggiano on Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:00 pm
Nice set-up Lawrence. Perhaps as with photography--it's not always the camera--it's the photographer.

Windows 10
StudioOne 4 Pro
Presonus AudioBox 1818VSL
Korg Krome 61
Ensoniq MR61
Korg MicroStation
Akai MPK mini
by Lawrence on Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:19 pm
Thanks man.

All of the Chinese crap hanging on the wall was from my son. That used to be his living space before he moved in with his gal pal and he's a Kung Fu teacher and general Kung Fu wing nut. :)
by jBranam on Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:41 pm
cool :thumbup:

“Life is so constructed, that the event does not, cannot, will not, match the expectation.”

Knot Hardly Productions
¯\_ { ͡• ͜ʖ ͡•} _/¯

4 posts
Page 1 of 1