93 postsPage 4 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
I view it differently, a way for free tools to fill some gaps in the interim. If they add it natively later it will almost always certainly be better, so just toss the free script. And of course, any major version update (including a .5) will have a heck of a lot more feature wise than a few handy scripts so the commercial concern doesn't play into it so much imo.

It's not a problem for any other multimedia product with a public API.

Mmv as usual.
by Funkybot on Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:11 pm
Lawrence wroteI view it differently, a way for free tools to fill some gaps in the interim. If they add it natively later it will almost always certainly be better, so just toss the free script. And of course, any major version update (including a .5) will have a heck of a lot more feature wise than a few handy scripts so the commercial concern doesn't play into it so much imo.

It's not a problem for any other multimedia product with a public API.

Mmv as usual.

Hey, I'm not opposed. I actually hope they open up the application. Narech'senhancements have been a big boost for me. I can't imagine going back to using S1 without his zoom functionality or full screen mode. He's clearly using MIDI and sample libraries in a similar fashion to me, so his scripts have had a direct impact to me in terms of making up for some of Studio One's [big] MIDI shortcomings.

I'll be honest, I keep eyeballing Cubase 9, not because I want to leave Studio One, but mostly because the overall lack of some intermediate to advanced MIDI functionality is now starting to slow down my workflow. I keep having to find workarounds to do certain things in Studio One, and Narech's MIDI scripts have really helped alleviate some of that in the short term. For audio-based projects, my only real gripes with S1 are the tempo window (want automation style editing) and mixer undo. The list of wants/needs on the MIDI side is a lot longer. I keep telling myself, "Cubase will have its own problems, better to just hang out at least until S1 3.5 or v4 to see if MIDI gets built up," and luckily some of these scripts make that easier.

So yeah...my prior post was just pontificating about why Presonus might not want to open up API's, but as you point out, there's a lot of benefit to doing it. Some of these unofficial hacks are decreasing my desire to seek alternatives.

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by Lawrence on Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:39 pm
Not a big deal. I actually just figured out the track renaming thing so, some things to explore there over the next few days.

Thanks FB. All is good. :thumbup:

phpBB [video]
by Skaperverket on Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:02 am
Looks great, Lawrence. Track renaming and coloring is something I do a lot. Better solutions for this are most welcomed.

Narech updated the Scripts Library today with improvements for filter functionality. It's now v1.4.0.
by Robert Johnson III on Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:07 am
Retain menu top menu bar in Fullscreen mode not working in Capitan? Studio One X v1.1.1 config in program dir. (fullscreenKeyF11 1 and fullscreenHidesMenu 0) Probably just a windows pref. In Mac it creates a new virtual desktop, but I would like to keep the top menu bar....

MacMini M2 Pro
Memory: 16 GB
OS X latest version
Apollo X6 Thunderbolt
Studio One Pro latest version

https://open.spotify.com/album/5DQ0uQnTPGAQH4rmaNboE8?si=DH54HeplSO2hVxPFLmUVNQ
by nixie on Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:02 am
It looks like the new update broke the executable library. I'm not pleased; I loved the zooming functions. I'll stick with 3.3.3 for now. I hope Presonus is planning to implement this stuff very soon.

Windows 7
by Robert Johnson III on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:01 am
Thanks for your response Nixie! Maybe (I hope) Narech will updated the Scripts for 3.3.4. Never tried it in 3.3.3 Edit: got the "scripts library v1.4.0"

MacMini M2 Pro
OS X latest version
Apollo X6 Thunderbolt
Studio One Pro latest version

https://open.spotify.com/album/5DQ0uQnTPGAQH4rmaNboE8?si=DH54HeplSO2hVxPFLmUVNQ
by nixie on Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:31 am
Yes, I tried putting Narechk's latest (from yesterday) into 3.3.3 and it was ok. But in 3.3.4, only the scripts work.

Windows 7
by Funkybot on Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:10 pm
nixie wroteYes, I tried putting Narechk's latest (from yesterday) into 3.3.3 and it was ok. But in 3.3.4, only the scripts work.

I used them without issue (at least Full Screen mode and the RAM indicator, didn't specifically use the zoom that I recall). You have to reinstall the executable library from scratch after each S1 update for it to keep working.

To do so, with Studio One closed:

1. Copy the config.cfg to your Studio One 3 folder
2. Rename the lame.dll to liblame.dll in your Studio One 3 folder
3. Copy the new lame.dll to your Studio One 3 folder
4. Open the config.cfg file in something like Notepad++ and adjust any settings as needed (save as Admin)
5. Open Studio One

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by nixie on Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:34 am
Ooh, I feel dumb :oops:

I'd renamed the dll to lamelib.dll instead of liblame.dll. It's particularly embarrassing because I've done the procedure correctly several times prior to this.

Anyway, all is good now. Thanks, all!

Windows 7
by Skaperverket on Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:11 pm
Scripts library has been updated to v2.0.0, and it appears to be a pretty major update with an entirely new Studio One X toolbar. Impressed yet again.
by frank.crow on Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:02 pm
Update is amazing

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by Funkybot on Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:09 am
Has anyone tried the Articulation Editor in 2.0? I only tried for a few seconds on my laptop, but for some reason it was refusing to open. Everything else worked.

by Lawrence on Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:43 am
Sweet. :) That load and save toolbar thing looks familiar. ;)

The event list is progressing quite nicely.
by frank.crow on Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:06 pm
Funkybot wroteHas anyone tried the Articulation Editor in 2.0? I only tried for a few seconds on my laptop, but for some reason it was refusing to open. Everything else worked.

Same result here.

Mac Mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3.0 GHz Intel Core I7
Presonus. Studio One Pro V6
Presonus Quantum
Hardware DBX 160a
Hardware DBX 160XT
GA. LA2A (clone)
GA. LA3A (clone)
WA76 1176 (clone)
WA EQP Pultec (clone)
WA 73 Neve (clone)
Softube. Console 1 MK3 (pending)
Presonus. Faderport 8 (dual)

"God's grace" :D
by Funkybot on Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:16 pm
2.01 just was released and appears to fix it.

by Funkybot on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:33 am
A new version was released, and one feature is that seems to boost the OS priority on WIndows so more resources are put towards S1. Not sure what that will mean in terms of actual CPU/performance gains, but it's an interesting development.

EDIT (for clarity)
From the website:

# Note: neither the CPU nor Studio One will not run any faster with this enabled, however the
# OS scheduler will prioritize the work done by the boosted threads above anything else running
# in the system with lower priority. The "High" setting will elevate the priority to equal of
# the Task Manager and DWM processes, therefore use this option with care.

by bboerma on Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:48 am
I can toggle full screen (which is great!), but see no X menu button. Am i missing out something?

I followed the instructions several times, but without success. By the way; i used the x64 executable.

Thanks.

Home Studio Connection
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One 3.5 Pro - Win 10 X64 ( i7 6700k, 16 GB Dual 2400) - Focusrite 6i6
Focal Alpha 50 - Softube Console 1 - Faderport - Monitor Station v2
by bboerma on Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:01 am
Please help me out.......Thanks!

Home Studio Connection
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Studio One 3.5 Pro - Win 10 X64 ( i7 6700k, 16 GB Dual 2400) - Focusrite 6i6
Focal Alpha 50 - Softube Console 1 - Faderport - Monitor Station v2
by Funkybot on Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:19 am
bboerma wrotePlease help me out.......Thanks!

It sounds like you installed the x64 binary correctly but not the separate scripts library. Download the studioonex.package file, and place it in your Scripts sub-directly. You'll probably be asked to provide Admin privileges. Do so.

If that doesn't work...then I'd suggest you email the developer.

93 postsPage 4 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5