93 postsPage 1 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
by Funkybot on Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:59 pm
Nice set of features there. Fullscreen mode is one of the top most requested features. Humanize velocity is nice. And the pan options sound great. Who's going first?

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by Lawrence on Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:33 pm
After installing (and looking over the code of ) the script package from this thing (which works really well, the selection filter) I have mixed feelings about it all.

It works really, really great, the midi filter. Seeing that happen (reading the JS source) is pretty disappointing on one front... knowing that the capability, and likely more, has probably been just sitting there all along while FR's for those kind of things pile up. :(

I emailed him to see if I can chat with him about it.

But as relates to the dll, (or if you're on OSX) you can just copy the *.package file to your \scripts folder to use the midi selection thing. No need to use the dll unless you want to try the other functionality. The midi thing is pure JS.
by Skaperverket on Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:56 pm
Very interesting, indeed (and reading your second post makes me feel kind of bummed out, too).

The .dll files won't work for Mac, but the others might.
by Funkybot on Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:10 pm
This thing is so cool! On Windows 10 here and it works great.

1. Fullscreen mode - Finally!
2. There's even a config option to retain the menu bar in Fullscreen mode (needed to read the docs and download Notepad++ but got it working - unfortunately, only after I bothered the dev with a request for this - sorry, sir)
3. The Ctrl+Shift+Middle Mouse for Horizontal zoom = HUGE! I already hate the PRV a little less now ;-)
4. A MIDI Event Filter? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???
5. Humanize Velocity options - God yes!

Lawrence, I think it's time to rename this thread and draw more attention to this. This totally isn't OT, and would cover a lot of common feature requests. Thanks for the heads up!

AMD Ryzen 3950X, ASUS Creator x570 Mobo, 32GB HyperX Predator RAM (3600mhz), Radeon™ RX 5500 XT 4GB GDDR6 graphics card, RME Fireface 800, Windows 10 Pro, Studio One 5, Reaper 6, Cubase 10.5, Avid Artist Mix (EuCon please), Behringer X-Touch One, MIDI Fighter Twister, various other MIDI control surfaces and hardware instruments
by Lawrence on Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:37 pm
Funkybot wroteLawrence, I think it's time to rename this thread and draw more attention to this. This totally isn't OT, and would cover a lot of common feature requests. Thanks for the heads up!

I might do that.

A MIDI Event Filter? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

I know right? :lol: And not just a basic selection filter, but a multi-filter. Very nice indeed.
by Skaperverket on Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:09 pm
How did you come across this, Lawrence?
by shanabit on Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:09 pm
Why do you still use Cubase Shane, Oh I dont know, maybe because Presonus refuses to give me BASIC midi functionality that sequencers have had for YEARS. Lots of new whiz bang stuff though so tis all good right? :shock: No one uses midi anymore do they??? :oops:

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by Lawrence on Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:19 pm
Skaperverket wroteHow did you come across this, Lawrence?

On Skype.

Someone I chat with on Skype posted a link to Reddit thread where people were talking about Studio One, making requests, and somewhere in that thread a guy said he wished for user created add-ons and another guy posted a link to that one.

I'd never had seen it otherwise. I have no idea if the guy who made it is a user here on the forum somewhere. If he is here somewhere... thanks.
by Skaperverket on Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:48 pm
Thanks. To you. And, yes, to him.
by Funkybot on Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:19 pm
shanabit wroteWhy do you still use Cubase Shane, Oh I dont know, maybe because Presonus refuses to give me BASIC midi functionality that sequencers have had for YEARS. Lots of new whiz bang stuff though so tis all good right? :shock: No one uses midi anymore do they??? :oops:

Boy, do I hear that! I thought about Cubase but the lack of any crossgrade and the dongle made that a no-go. I think I may just keep Sonar 8.5 for light MIDI then import into S1.

by bailatosco on Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:45 am
:shock: :shock: :shock:

Well this is a nice xmas present.

Intel i7 - 11700k 5.0Ghz / 32Gb RAM
WIN 10 Pro 64bit
Studio One v5.4.0 Professional
Presonus Studio 192 USB 3.0
by Funkybot on Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:32 am
I gave this a proper go-round last night while doing a mix and it was a huge time saver. The zoom and pan with the middle mouse button are brilliant, as is full-screen mode. I'm a big fan!

by Funkybot on Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:36 pm
Has anyone looked today? There's a beta of a MIDI Event List. Only shows Note data so far and I can't figure out how to interpret the timing data, but it's very cool! I've been in touch with the developer and offered a few suggestions, but I'm just floored that even this was possible.

S1 Event List.jpg

by Bbd on Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:35 pm
Thanks for this info Lawrence. This is really a great find! The possibilities....!

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by goro on Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:49 pm
Wow! :shock: Good find!

Studio One Pro 5.1.1 (x64/Win10)

Quality drum'n'bass: youtube | facebook | soundcloud
by jggiano on Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:13 am
I'm unable to locate the config.cfg file located in Studio One program directory. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Search produces no results for the config file.

Jim

Windows 10
StudioOne 4 Pro
Presonus AudioBox 1818VSL
Korg Krome 61
Ensoniq MR61
Korg MicroStation
Akai MPK mini
by jggiano on Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:18 am
Never mind. I got ahead of myself. That's what I get for logging in at 3:00 a.m.

Windows 10
StudioOne 4 Pro
Presonus AudioBox 1818VSL
Korg Krome 61
Ensoniq MR61
Korg MicroStation
Akai MPK mini
by niles on Thu Dec 29, 2016 4:48 am
Funkybot wroteHas anyone looked today? There's a beta of a MIDI Event List. Only shows Note data so far and I can't figure out how to interpret the timing data, but it's very cool! I've been in touch with the developer and offered a few suggestions, but I'm just floored that even this was possible.
The Event List is awesome. It can save you a lot of time when you want to change certain Note event data values (absolute or relative).
Chapeau to the developer!

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by Lawrence on Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:59 am
niles wroteThe Event List is awesome.

It really is, especially for a beta. I just hope they don't kill all of this in an update, shut down the script access.

The most interesting thing about that list editor is that it works on the notes in the clip without opening the midi editor or splitting the clip. This is interesting because it theoretically allows logical editing on midi clips in arrange. I'm going to try to code one now, a midi logical editor.

Bbd wrote The possibilities....!

Yep. I'm been kinda going to school reading his code, doing some things I've been trying to do for awhile...

93 postsPage 1 of 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5