5 posts
Page 1 of 1
To help Presonus with future patches and updates to Studio One 3, I'm am writing a list of bugs I have experienced so far while using the DAW:

Removing FX Plug-Ins - when removing an FX plug-in the same way you would remove and instrument, using the top left hand corner of the instrument/plug-in interface, Studio One 3 crashes. This happens with FX plug-ins but not instruments. The only way to effectively remove a plug-in is by right clicking on the plug-in in the TRACK CHANNEL and selecting remove.

Blank Box When Removing Plug-Ins - when removing an FX plug-in from the track channel using the right click method, the plug-in is removed but is then replaced with an empty box containing knobs, which disappears when clicking close on the top right hand corner, or by adding a new plug-in to the channel.

Random Crashing - on occasion, Studio One 3 will stop working for no reason, even while idle. I recommend setting the auto save option to every 1 MINUTE to prevent this from potentially ruining a project you're working on.

Unable To Start Studio One 3 - this crash bug contains a fix technique described in the forums, which requires deleting a certain 'username/password' launch file from the control panel so that Studio One 3 can start up. This still needs to be patched though so that manual fixing isn't required.
by matthewgorman on Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:00 am
Please post your system specs including OS, RAM, Hardware, etc. Its helpful when trying to track down a source if its indeed a bug. Also, plugins you are using in the song, and which ones you were trying to delete.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by woodsdenis on Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:10 pm
The removing plugins bug has been around for years unfortunately. Maybe more prevalent on a Mac. I actually thought they had fixed it as I always remove from the track inspector and haven't come across it yet.

Mac Pro 3.33, 10.9.5 / Studio One 2.65 Pro / Cubase 8.10 / Live 9.2/ HD 96io
by dr4kan on Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:09 pm
I also was thinking that the "removing instrument" bug was fixed in v3. I experienced it in v2 when I was on Mac. It was introduced in 2.6.x.

Guitarist and composer:
----------------------------------------------------
https://itunes.apple.com/it/artist/davi ... d968493291

My system:
----------------------------------------------------
MacBook Pro i7, 16 GB ram
Presonus Sphere
by woodsdenis on Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:02 pm
dr4kan wroteI also was thinking that the "removing instrument" bug was fixed in v3. I experienced it in v2 when I was on Mac. It was introduced in 2.6.x.

It is definitely plugins too, I did try in V3 and that bug seemed to have been fixed, unfortunately it may not be.

Mac Pro 3.33, 10.9.5 / Studio One 2.65 Pro / Cubase 8.10 / Live 9.2/ HD 96io

5 posts
Page 1 of 1