6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Cant find previous post, but s1 3 IS sending data as i close s1, had *3 song files open. Was taking abnormally long to shut each file again so i pulled the network cable and checked task manager for the ethernet activity, would you believe it no activity for ages then, *3 Big spikes of data. Also when i pulled the cable s1 crashed, bait as ya like. Might even switch DAWs, not that i know the others are different. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Attachments
New Bitmap Image.png
The crash window, error code:failed to steal,

S1-3 i5 320 6gb ram win10+7 (dualboot)
Motu Avb
Ipad air (for s1 remote and motu avb)
Komplete 10 ultimate
Fabfilter pro-q2 Pro-mb Pro c-2 Pro-l Saturn
Serum, SynthMaster, Diversion, DCAM synth squad+strobe 2
Maschine2, MPC Studio

P.s. i moan alot
by codamedia on Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:21 am
This is likely the thread you were looking for.
viewtopic.php?f=213&t=11609

Are you setup to use Nimbit, and/or Soundcloud? I am pretty sure the communication can be automated with those services through Studio One if you have them activated.

There are a few suggestions in that post you should try (or think about) before blaming Presonus for stealing your music ;) . One of which - determine where the communication is being sent. There are tools to figure this stuff out so you will know for certain instead of relying on assumptions.

One thing you may not have considered. When a program crashes Windows itself creates a crash dump, and if you gave Windows permission it will send that info home for review. I reiterate - run a utility or two and figure out who the communication is really with.

Windows 10 Professional, 8 Gig Ram, Q9300 Intel 2.5G CPU, ATI 5400 Video
Firepod Interface, Studio One Artist (64 bit) V2, M-Audio Axiom 49, FaderPort
by bamboozle on Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:31 am
No, neither service is being used, im sure i probably consented to such in the terms and conditions, but its starting to wind me up that im using task manager regular to shut s1, problem only happens when it is connected to the net. The peaks in ethernet activity mirror the amount of tracks being shut in s1, Hard not to notice these thing this day in age, user data is normal, i just think its cheeky. The software game eh. Just look at the liberties microsoft take with windows 10, privacy policies on all smart devices etc, its not paranoia, its common sense. Just a crying shame to see.

Im going to firewall it, the only benefit i get from it being online is i will get an update notice and a newsfeed that is really and advert column, I dont know why im moaning really just think the experience should be shared, never know someone else might be getting the same problem. It is a problem, feels like malware, i cant shut s1 because it is busy doing unsolicited network activity. Have to force shut it my days effort wont goto the recent files list.

Why should i wait minutes to shut files, takes long enough to open the things.
Obviously i love S1 i payed for it, but there is defo something to be noted. This is the sort of thing you would expect from cracked warez, not purchased legit goods (not in my eyes anyway).

I wish i had the time and knowledge to sniff the traffic but not really well up on all that lately. There is a small chance its nothing, but not in my logical mind.

S1-3 i5 320 6gb ram win10+7 (dualboot)
Motu Avb
Ipad air (for s1 remote and motu avb)
Komplete 10 ultimate
Fabfilter pro-q2 Pro-mb Pro c-2 Pro-l Saturn
Serum, SynthMaster, Diversion, DCAM synth squad+strobe 2
Maschine2, MPC Studio

P.s. i moan alot
by niles on Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:42 pm
bamboozle wroteWhy should i wait minutes to shut files, takes long enough to open the things.
Obviously i love S1 i payed for it, but there is defo something to be noted. This is the sort of thing you would expect from cracked warez, not purchased legit goods (not in my eyes anyway).

The external addresses Studio One connects to are Amazon's and Edgecast's CDN servers and PreSonus's own server.
The data packets that are send are way to small to contain song information.
Sure PreSonus could or might use some of that info for data mining (e.g. at what times people from what region use Studio One), but insinuating PreSonus harvesting private content from users, without substantiating it with facts, simply isn't fair!

I think codamedia gave you a valid answer you should look in to first.

OS: Windows 11 Pro | HW: Gigabyte Z690-UD-DDR4 • INTEL i7 12700K • 64GB • 3x EVO 860 • NVIDIA GT1030 (@WQHD) • RME AIO
by codamedia on Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:28 pm
bamboozle wroteWhy should i wait minutes to shut files, takes long enough to open the things.

I don't wait minutes for files to shut down....actually - a few seconds at most. I don't suspect it's a wide spread problem for others or these forums would be full of complaints about it.

bamboozle wroteI wish i had the time and knowledge to sniff the traffic but not really well up on all that lately. There is a small chance its nothing, but not in my logical mind.

The thing is - until you do this (or find something that will for you on your machine) you are only speculating at where traffic is really being sent. Without knowing that you are making unfair accusations.

As an I.T professional, my guess is that your computer is struggling with something and Windows is phoning home. S1 is likely just at the wrong place at the wrong time (memory allocation, hard drive sectors, etc...).... it's like unwittingly walking into a bad neighborhood ;)

Windows 10 Professional, 8 Gig Ram, Q9300 Intel 2.5G CPU, ATI 5400 Video
Firepod Interface, Studio One Artist (64 bit) V2, M-Audio Axiom 49, FaderPort
by ArKay99 on Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:10 am
Well, judging from the alert dialog, there is no evidence that S1 is phoning home. As a C++ programmer for over 20 years I can tell you that a pure virtual function is a function in the base class of the object that is currently executing and has no code to execute. It is just a placeholder for the framework of the object. It should never be called, only the functions in the inheriting classes CAN be called, unless there is a serious malfunction, a malformed pointer or worse, external code trying to execute. That is why you got the runtime error. S1 called that function and the virtual function table referenced the wrong function and tried to execute code that wasn't there.

Check your computer for viruses. Also, you may be running out of memory, or you may have a bad memory area. It happens more than you can imagine.

Not trying to discredit you, just trying to help.

The reason S1 may be taking a long time to shut down is perhaps every track is causing an exception and generating an exception handler call, memory leaking can occur which causes another exception and that can occur thousands of times, especially if it's happening while the stack is unwinding while tracing the exception.

If you haven't already tried, I would suggest getting a copy of Memtest, the latest version for Windows and run that, it takes a while but if you have a bad memory area or addressing problem it will show it. If your memory passes then I would uninstall S1, defrag the drive it's on, and re-install it. Also, as suggested above, you may have a bad disk or a bad cluster of sectors.

Mac Pro 6.1 32 gig 1866 memory, 512G internal PCIe SSD, 2-480G OWC 3G SSD's in Thunderbolt case, twin D300video cards, 2 x Raven MTi2's, Pro Tools 12.4 | HD, UAD Apollo, 2 UAD Thunderbolt Satellite Octo's, RME ADI-4 DD, Yosemite 10.10.5, Studio One 3.5.1, outboard hardware via AES (Bricasti M7, 2 x Lexicon PCM92, TC Electronics M350 though homemade SRC). Neve Portico 5012, 5043, Lot's and lots of plug ins, Vienna Ensemble Pro, Vienna Instruments, VSL Special Edition Strings, DynAudio Bm6's and MB14S sub.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1