4 posts
Page 1 of 1
The past couple of days I've been producing a new track, I decided to try and use some violins, laid down a sequence, moved onto another instrument, added some more elements, played the track.. great sounds pretty good. Next day come back start adding some more violin stuff however the patch has mysteriously changed it's sounds, but that can't be, I've not changed any patches, loaded up the patch again from the browser, laid down a new section, I find my notes are getting cut short so go in an manually edit the notes and change the settings in Presence again. Things sound better, come back to it later, find that my notes are then cut short in sound which I don't understand why.

Only today 3 days later from when started my new track I discover that, there are damn keys lower than the playable octave that change the sounds. So not only have I needlessly changed the lengths of notes in my music, but frustrated away the spark of inspiration I started with. All I wanted was a single violin which spans 4 or 5 octaves.

Pretty annoying, but I guess we learn something new each time we use S1.
Last edited by scottmoncrieff on Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THE INTRANCER- Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist |- Full Orchestral -Trance - Ambient - Film Scores 27 on S-Cloud 7000+genuine plays | 16 on S-Click | Studio One 3 Concept Re-Designs - Sample One XT | Reason X | S-O-3 Pro | Reaktor 6.0 | Reason 7 | C4D | CS6 |Win 7 64 Bit-Intel I7 [email protected],Focusrite Pro 14, ATH M50's, Casio XW P1&G1 Producer 20+ years - FOH - UK Stadium / Festivals) >>Studio One 3D GUI's<<
by -Luis- on Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:15 am
From the manual.
Articulation Key Switches

Some sound libraries are built with a special area of the keyboard that acts as a set of switches between different versions of the sound. For example, a guitar sound might offer open notes, muted notes, slides, and so on. These different articulations are instantly available as you play or program a part, by pressing a key (or programming a MIDI note) in that special range.

When Articulation Key Switches are available in a sound, the name of the currently selected articulation is shown at the upper-right corner of the central display of Presence XT. Click this name to toggle a list of available articulation switches and their places on the keyboard. These keys are also marked with red bars on the virtual keyboard.

When you play one of these keys, the new articulation is shown in the central display, and the character of the sound changes according to the way the sound was designed.

by Janko Kezar on Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:59 am
Hey

The keys switching for different articulations id pretty standard with all orchestral products (more sophisticated ones have also a mod wheel option).

Presence for orchestral stuff has:

1.Full banks (all articulations that can be changed via predetermined key- its marked red in Presences keyboard and also in the midi editor)

2.Separate Articulation banks (Legato, pizzicato,...) that have no changing options- I suggest you use those to avoid unwanted switching- specially if youll be layering things with Multi Instrument on a single track (stacking a violin with cellos and contrabasses as an example)

J

HP z230 i7/16gb , HP Elitebook 8470 i7/12gb ,Win 10, 64 bit, S1 3.3.1, 2.6.5 64bit Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, AllenHeath Qu-24, Steinberg UR22-mkII
by scottmoncrieff on Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:44 pm
Thanks for the info and tips guys, I guess now it makes better sense now and actually a feature that will work for me rather than against me, I can see it's usefulness but a way to lock it so patches can't be easily changed accidentally would help solve this.

Other software I've used has pretty much circumvented the need for sound switching vie the keys. I'm use to special keyboard patch switching on my own dance based keyboard though.

I'm use to layering in combinator's so thanks for heads up on that so I can avoid running into similar conflicts when building multi instruments.

:)

THE INTRANCER- Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist |- Full Orchestral -Trance - Ambient - Film Scores 27 on S-Cloud 7000+genuine plays | 16 on S-Click | Studio One 3 Concept Re-Designs - Sample One XT | Reason X | S-O-3 Pro | Reaktor 6.0 | Reason 7 | C4D | CS6 |Win 7 64 Bit-Intel I7 [email protected],Focusrite Pro 14, ATH M50's, Casio XW P1&G1 Producer 20+ years - FOH - UK Stadium / Festivals) >>Studio One 3D GUI's<<

4 posts
Page 1 of 1