814 postsPage 23 of 41
1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 41
Bub wrote
jBranam wrotei didn't know shane... ain't used anything by cakewalk in ages :) i was just funnin' cheers
jay

I actually liked Sonar a lot. I just wish I could have gotten it to run on my PC like others have been able to do. I wouldn't be here if I could have.

I'm in the process of building a new DAW and I'll try it out. I may end up going back. I really have no loyalty to any of these companies like I used to so it wouldn't bother me in the least. And hell, there's always Reaper. I can make music bouncing two radio shack cassette decks. I don't need all this ...

I wouldn't waste your time. Regardless of anything that is desired for the upcoming version, it's still easier to make music in studio one than sonar. Sonar is the king of bloat. My favorite thing about cakewalk is that I completely and totally abandoned them 19 months ago.

Live is easier that way.
by NickWeiland on Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:45 am
hey guys how much do you think it will be to upgrade to studio one v3? how much was it from v1 to v2? because I want to plan my finances. :twisted:

Computer: Asus Sabertooth x79 MOBO, 64 gb vengance Ram, 4gb windforce gigabyte OC edition graphics card, processor: intel i7 3930 3.8 ghz 6 core, startech firewire card.
Audio Interface;Roland Octa-Capture,8 Mic pres,10 ins/outs, 44.1, 48, 98, 192 khz,
Monitors:Adam a7xs OS:Windows 8 Professional,Daw:Studio One Professional 64 bit version.
by Lokeyfly on Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:28 am
Pandora's Box

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by Lokeyfly on Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:51 am
S1v3 Not coming, move along topics: :readit:
What will S1v3 non contain?
When will S1v3 non arrive?
What do the non S1v3 pictures not indicate?
What non subscription requirements....... no forget that!!!!!!!
What the heck is S1v3 anyway?
Who needs S1v3? Seems to be non creative types anyway?
Will non S1v3 set you free? When it doesn't come?
Will non release of S1v3 forums force us to fall from skyscrapers?
Will someone please non shoot me for even caring a little about S1v3?
Will non ______ never not _______, and needlessly ________, ever?

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by shanabit on Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:44 am
It really irritates me that S3 is coming out. I can't even get up to speed with V2 and now this, LOL

StudioOnePro 6.1
UA Apollo Twin
OSX Sonoma 14.2

iMac 2013
by kivran on Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:21 pm
Lokeyfly wroteS1v3 Not coming, move along topics: :readit:

You have learned well young padawan.
by BM Grabber on Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:18 pm
Lokeyfly wroteS1v3 Not coming, move along topics: :readit:

NON...... of the above? ;)
by Lokeyfly on Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:49 am
Thanks bredo! Good one to add to the list. :)

The list was largely a topic changer. Asking about the weather would be just as effective. ;)

@narvik: Thank you, fellow Federation member. :)

New song "Our Time"

Latest albums on iTunes

by Daw Stew on Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:24 am
I'm interested to see when PreSonus plan to launch version 3. Will they try to coincide with the release of Windows 10 which is scheduled for end of July or will they ignore what Microsoft is doing and release it at the same time as the new hardware?
Personally I'd be happy to wait for a compatible release with the most up to date windows and then that gives PreSonus the accolade of being the daw manufacturer who is on the ball with full windows 10 compatibility.
by SkylineUK on Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:33 am
Daw Stew wroteI'm interested to see when PreSonus plan to launch version 3. Will they try to coincide with the release of Windows 10 which is scheduled for end of July or will they ignore what Microsoft is doing and release it at the same time as the new hardware?
Personally I'd be happy to wait for a compatible release with the most up to date windows and then that gives PreSonus the accolade of being the daw manufacturer who is on the ball with full windows 10 compatibility.

I believe people like DAW developers get very early access to new Windows releases as it's also in MSoft's interests to get kinks straightened out early; especially as W10 is supposed to be giving us audio folks a bit of attention this time. So I don't think Presonus will have to be waiting for anything in terms of the official W10 release, they can crack on and let us have it much earlier than that.

My songs

Intel i9 9940X @ 3.3GHz, 14 cores, 32GB RAM.
OS & Programs drive: 1TB SSD
Data drives: 1 x 1TB SSD drive, plus extra 1TB HDD drive
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit
Studio One 64 bit. Version: 4.6.1.55987
Cakewalk by BandLab
1 Lava Lamp
by Olley Ollet on Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:18 pm
^ it depends on the company of course, but it is normal procedure for OS companies to allow beta access to other software companies as it ends up being greatly beneficial for both parties for many reasons.

However, Apple, is starting to poop the wagon on that philosophy. Windows is starting to look good again.

• Studio One 6.5 (latest version)
• OS X version: 13.0
• Computer: Macbook Pro M2 Max 96GB
by crashedthecar on Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:09 pm
niles wrote
SkylineUK wroteI believe people like DAW developers get very early access to new Windows releases as it's also in MSoft's interests to get kinks straightened out early; especially as W10 is supposed to be giving us audio folks a bit of attention this time. So I don't think Presonus will have to be waiting for anything in terms of the official W10 release, they can crack on and let us have it much earlier than that.

The Windows 10 Technical Preview is already available since October 2014 for developers enterprise customers and even Windows enthusiasts.

I'm getting my new machine hopefully tomorrow (yay).
Has anyone tried s1 on the win 10 tech preview?
by NickWeiland on Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:15 pm
crashedthecar wrote
niles wrote
SkylineUK wroteI believe people like DAW developers get very early access to new Windows releases as it's also in MSoft's interests to get kinks straightened out early; especially as W10 is supposed to be giving us audio folks a bit of attention this time. So I don't think Presonus will have to be waiting for anything in terms of the official W10 release, they can crack on and let us have it much earlier than that.

The Windows 10 Technical Preview is already available since October 2014 for developers enterprise customers and even Windows enthusiasts.

i wouldnt recommend using windows 10 if its your main pc too risky

Computer: Asus Sabertooth x79 MOBO, 64 gb vengance Ram, 4gb windforce gigabyte OC edition graphics card, processor: intel i7 3930 3.8 ghz 6 core, startech firewire card.
Audio Interface;Roland Octa-Capture,8 Mic pres,10 ins/outs, 44.1, 48, 98, 192 khz,
Monitors:Adam a7xs OS:Windows 8 Professional,Daw:Studio One Professional 64 bit version.
by Photontic on Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:26 pm
Just as long as they aren't waiting to release together with Half-Life 3...

Studio One 4 Professional (64-bit) | Windows 10 Pro (v1903)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 2700X | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz
Motherboard: MSI X470 GAMING M7 AC | Audio interface: PreSonus Studio 192
by johnnygeib2 on Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:59 am
I need to ask this. What doof really thinks version 3 is not coming? I just need to know this in case I'm ever asked who to filter from the gene pool......lol.

by matthewgorman on Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:51 am
crashedthecar wrote
niles wrote

musician2373 (Luis) has been using it.

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by roland1 on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:12 am
Studio One is probably still in it's third trimester, but here's a kitty that's likely to give birth today.

http://livestream.com/tinykittens/eve

(Even the folks at Dreamworks watch this kitten cam religiously, perhaps for creative inspiration for their animal animation sequences. :) ).

Studio One Pro (v5) on i7 7700 win10 PC w16GB RAM and a Mac Pro Tower (w/RME & Focusrite interfaces.)

I use S1 as an author/musician/multi-media artist.
My work includes the newly released: Clearing a Path to Joy (And finding contentment along the way) [AuroraSkyPublishing.com]
and my upcoming music video, Too Big To Fail, which introduces Citizen Based Social Planning — "the next step in the evolution of democracy." You know...typical everyday stuff. :)
by CPhoenix on Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:29 pm
themuzic wroteI need to ask this. What doof really thinks version 3 is not coming? I just need to know this in case I'm ever asked who to filter from the gene pool......lol.

lol does anybody really believe this?

Win 8.1 x64 // i7 3930K (@ 4.2GHz) // Samsung Pro 512GB // 500GB SSD (via Raid 0) // 32GB RAM // MSI X79a GD45 Plus mobo

DAW(s): Studio One v3 // Maschine Studio // Reason 7
Plugs: UAD 2 Quad, Klanghelm, Toneboosters, Soundtoys, others
Instr.: a lot of stuff

RME UCX // SM7b // Warm Audio Tonebeast12 & WA76 // Black Lion Audio Sparrow Red ADC // FMR RNLA // Korg Kaossilator Pro // Yamaha Motif XS Rack // Akai Advance 61 // Sennheiser HD 650 // Korg MicroKey 25 // Presonus Faderport // Contour Designs Shuttle Pro
by crashedthecar on Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:06 pm
matthewgorman wrote
crashedthecar wrote

musician2373 (Luis) has been using it.

Cheers Matthew
by Trimph1 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:38 am
CPhoenix wrote
themuzic wroteI need to ask this. What doof really thinks version 3 is not coming? I just need to know this in case I'm ever asked who to filter from the gene pool......lol.

lol does anybody really believe this?

HP A6-5200, Hynix 1600 MHz 8Gb RAM, using Peavey USB 6 mixer and onboard sound+ a bunch of modular synths and other such things...

814 postsPage 23 of 41
1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 ... 41