16 posts
Page 1 of 1
I recently got bought some Bluetooth headphones to listen to music. I got them to work on my computer with listening to spotify and stuff but i also wanted to use them when i am using StudioOne as well. Does studio one allow bluetooth?
by mwright137 on Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:23 pm
Studio One doesn't care what headphones you use. If they are connected to the selected audio device, they will work.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by aaronvolm on Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:46 pm
yes i have them as my selected audio device. but studio one plays out of my laptop speakers anyways... if i play spotify when im still in studio one it plays through my headphones...its weird. i had to get a usb reciever for my laptop for my bluetooth to connect in the first place, just trying to get studio one to work
by CPhoenix on Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:19 pm
Studio One (and all DAWs) only speak to whatever audio driver you are using. Period.

So you need to make sure the bluetooth headphones are selected in the settings of that specific audio driver you're pointing S1 to. It has absolutely nothing to do with Studio One. It all depends on if you can do it with your laptop's audio driver.

Win 8.1 x64 // i7 3930K (@ 4.2GHz) // Samsung Pro 512GB // 500GB SSD (via Raid 0) // 32GB RAM // MSI X79a GD45 Plus mobo

DAW(s): Studio One v3 // Maschine Studio // Reason 7
Plugs: UAD 2 Quad, Klanghelm, Toneboosters, Soundtoys, others
Instr.: a lot of stuff

RME UCX // SM7b // Warm Audio Tonebeast12 & WA76 // Black Lion Audio Sparrow Red ADC // FMR RNLA // Korg Kaossilator Pro // Yamaha Motif XS Rack // Akai Advance 61 // Sennheiser HD 650 // Korg MicroKey 25 // Presonus Faderport // Contour Designs Shuttle Pro
by aaronvolm on Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:51 pm
ok so how do i do that? i dont have an audio interface i use ASIO4all
by aaronvolm on Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:49 pm
yeah i think that might be it, Their is a lot of lag when i switch to my bluetooth instead of speakers/wired connection. I think if i accually bought an audio interface it would cut out the glitches and latency from using bluetooth.
by CPhoenix on Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:07 pm
If you're using ASIO4ALL it might be possible actually. But i truly have no idea.

If it's possible, you'd open up the ASIO4ALL control panel and enable that device. Then... make sure Studio One is setup to send the Master Output to that channel.

Options > Audio Setup tab> Control Panel.
That will open ASIO4ALL's settings, and activate the bluetooth headphones driver. I can't help you further than this, you gotta figure out which one is for your headphones. Unless you want to post screenshots. This is atypical use of audio drivers, not many people that I know do this. It will be nice when/if interfaces start coming with bluetooth.

Options > Song Setup (at the bottom left) > Outputs tab.
Now, change the "Main" output to whatever channel your bluetooth headphones are working with. And click "make default" so it works for all of your songs going forward.

Hope that helps. Again.. I'm not even sure if this is possible.. it depends if they give you the option in the audio driver. It's 100% dependent on the driver. I don't know if an interface would help. Your best option would be to try it with ASIO4ALL and see if it'll work.

Good luck.

Win 8.1 x64 // i7 3930K (@ 4.2GHz) // Samsung Pro 512GB // 500GB SSD (via Raid 0) // 32GB RAM // MSI X79a GD45 Plus mobo

RME UCX // SM7b // Warm Audio Tonebeast12 & WA76 // Black Lion Audio Sparrow Red ADC // FMR RNLA // Korg Kaossilator Pro // Yamaha Motif XS Rack // Akai Advance 61 // Sennheiser HD 650 // Korg MicroKey 25 // Presonus Faderport // Contour Designs Shuttle Pro
by standalone on Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:54 am
Bluetooth is known for adding a lot of latency to audio. If you make a Google search you'll find a lot of people complaining and some audio companies claiming to have fixes for this, but I don't know if they would work with a DAW. Using a good audio interface could make things better but the main culprit here is Bluetooth.
by mwright137 on Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:23 am
Good point. In my answer I never meant to imply that using Bluetooth headphones was a good idea due to latency and even sound quality issues. I was simply answering that it was possible.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by aaronvolm on Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:27 pm
Thank you for all the help guys, i haven't fixed it yet but i will try to figure this thing out, good thing my headphones came with a wire, that works fine in Studio One :+1
by CPhoenix on Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:11 pm
Yeah b/c the wire is directly connected to the soundcard. Bluetooth is not necessarily directly connected to the soundcard, more like it's bridged for lack of better terminology. So to use it with S1 you'd have to find a way to virtually connect the bluetooth "wire" to the soundcard... which I have no idea if it's possible. You'll have to play around w/ ASIO4ALL. You might be technically on your own lol, unless you post up some screenshots of ASIO4ALL's settings... or find someone who could remote login to your computer to check it out.

by aaronvolm on Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:28 am
Ehh it's not that big of deal pretty sure just getting a audio interface should clear things up But thank you for your help :)
by karnellrobinson on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:02 am
In Presonus, go to your audio set-up, select you computer's audio driver, click control panel, and your wireless headphones should be in the list. Check the one you want, close the window, then click OK. Your headphones should work now.
by Lokeyfly on Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:19 am
Just going to add one item, as the install process here is covered.

Mwright137 touched on it briefly, and it is the subject of audio fidelity.

A very good point to address. I suppose if one was moving around the studio, and needed the wireless mobility that Bluetooth headphones have, therr might be some advantage, but it certainly wouldn't be about sound quality. Since most people are using Studio One with even moderate concern for audio clarity, the use of a wireless headphone set is simply not going to cover the same frequency response (throughout) and have the same quality.

Pretty obvious drawback.

Perhaps the user doesn't need the better audio quality? I bought a $150 pair of JBL wireless for work, thinking they would suffice, and of course the wireless advantage. What a mistake. Took them back the next day. My $40 throw around Senheizers are twice as good. Pretty common reports from elsewhere as well.

Glad you got it sorted. Just not sire why you'd bother with wireless at all.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️
by carlstrazzulla on Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:48 am
karnellrobinson wroteIn Presonus, go to your audio set-up, select you computer's audio driver, click control panel, and your wireless headphones should be in the list. Check the one you want, close the window, then click OK. Your headphones should work now.

After a recent windows 10 update, I was no longer able to use bluetooth with Studio One. This solution worked for me. Thanks for the tip!

Studio 1 version 5.5.2 Win x-64 Pro Version
Windows 10 Home Edition
UA Apollo Twin Windows USB 3.0
16GB RAM
Intel Core i7-7700K CPU @4.20GHz
x64 based processor
by dougcassidy on Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:40 am
What I had to do was go into the S1 options > audio set up > audio device and turn it to 'no audio device' and then back to Windows audio.

16 posts
Page 1 of 1