3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello to all the PreSonus community!

I am a new user of Studio One 3 Professional (previously I used Studio One 2 Producer for a couple of years) and my main interest is video scoring.

Because of this, I took the Black Friday deal to upgrade to Studio One 3 Professional in order to be able to work with video within Studio One.

Unfortunatelly, everytime I load a video file within Studio One, it simply won't play. I can extract the audio from it, and all the buttons of the video player window work fine, but the video won't run.

However, if I disable the asio4all driver, the video player works just fine. Even if I disable just the "out", any video will play OK, but the main point is to have both audio and video playback running at the same time.

My specs are the following:

AMD FX-8350, 24 GB RAM, NVIDIA GTX 760 2GB, HDD 1T, Alesis io I 2. All drivers up to date.

And I also attached a screenshot trying to display this issue.

Thank you so much in advance for any guidence you guys might be able to provide me!
Alex Vargas

Attachments
Video_issue.PNG
by Skip Jones on Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:08 pm
Hello Alex. Are you trying to load and run video from Studio One 2 Producer? I see you have upgraded to PRO but be aware that the video engine was changed around Studio One 3.3, I believe, and may not be compatible with older files.

" New video engine replaces QuickTime (Win: Microsoft Media Foundation; macOS: AV Foundation)." Hope that helps.

Regards

http://www.presonus.com/support
Windows 10 X 64 : AMD Phenom II X 4 945
ATI Radeon 5450 / 512 RAM
8GB RAM/1T SATA 7200 RPM

PreSonus StudioLive 16.4.2, PreSonus FireStudio Project, PreSonus ABVSL 44, PreSonus ABVSL 1818, PreSonus AudioBox iTwo, PreSonus Faderport

Yamaha S-08
Studio Partners - Ric - a Rat Terrier Smarter than me.
PreSonus Studio One Professional 32/64 bit
Fishman Triple Play / Logidy Pedal

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.
Answers at http://answers.presonus.com/
by alikh on Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:18 pm
Skip Jones wrote Hello Alex. Are you trying to load and run video from Studio One 2 Producer? I see you have upgraded to PRO but be aware that the video engine was changed around Studio One 3.3, I believe, and may not be compatible with older files.

" New video engine replaces QuickTime (Win: Microsoft Media Foundation; macOS: AV Foundation)." Hope that helps.

Regards

Hi there, Skip!

Thank you so much for your reply. All files are from Studio One 3, and I have uninstalled already Studio One 2. I'm also using the 3.3 version (which no longer needs Quicktime and can play more video formats).

Thanks again for checking the post!
Regards.

3 posts
Page 1 of 1