Share your songs!
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello all: I wrote a short sweet little tune that has only piano (The Maverick) and some background violins/cellos (Spitfire Originals Intimate Strings), kind of like elevator music. It sounds a bit muddy to me since the audio spectrum is more or less the same for the piano notes and the stringed instruments, except for the very low cellos which don't overlap with the piano. This means that using ProEQ won't really help, or will it? I'm not an expert.

Does anyone have any suggestions or approach that they could recommend so that I can improve the quality of my final output? Any magical plugins out there?

Dell Latitude E6530, 16 GB Ram, Two 1-TB SSD
Windows 10/64
Novation LaunchKey 49 USB Keyboard
Studio One 6.5.2.97444 Win x64
by kevinanstey on Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:21 am
Hi,
i use a plugin to cleanup bass/Kick drum interaction, vocals/lead instruments etc that works well for me. I'm pretty sure that you can demo it, see link below...

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/ ... rackspacer

Desktop
Windows 10 Pro
ASUS X99 Deluxe MB 32G Ram
i7 5820K 3.3 GHz
ASUS R5 230 Series graphics
MOTU 424 PCIe 2408 MK II
Studio One Pro 6.01
Faderport 8
M-Audio Keystation 88
M-Audio Oxygen 8

Laptop
Acer Nitro
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 2.59 GHz
16.0 GB Ram
SSD and M.2 drives
SSL 2+ Audio interface

Few Hammonds/Leslies
Vintage keys (Rhodes 88, Solina strings, ARP Odyssey, Hohner D6, etc)
by fmaestas on Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:49 am
I use piano and strings myself. Overall, I usually cut a little low end from the piano, depending on the plugin used. I also try to pan my stringed instruments according to where they actually sit in an orchestra. This helps to separate them. I keep the piano middle-ish. Depending on the tune I might put convolution reverb on the entire mix, to simulate music being played in a hall\theater, rather than on individual tracks.

Search for "orchestra seating arrangement" might help as guideline for your mix.

Good luck :)

S1 Pro 6.5, Logic, Reaper, macOS BigSur
My Bandcamp
by alfredohuerta on Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:04 pm
Thanks for your answers. I'll look into those suggestions and try them out. Then I'll come back here with comments on what I was able to achieve.

Dell Latitude E6530, 16 GB Ram, Two 1-TB SSD
Windows 10/64
Novation LaunchKey 49 USB Keyboard
Studio One 6.5.2.97444 Win x64

4 posts
Page 1 of 1