Share your songs!
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Thanks in advance for listening.
This song has been a while in the making. Short background is that an old friend of mine realized I was making music again, and had a song idea. We worked together crafting that idea into a song, with me providing the music and some lyrical contributions, and her providing the vocal talent.
I'm looking for any and all feedback, as I don't have a ton of experience mixing and producing whatever genre this is, ha ha.
Thanks!
phpBB [audio]

My Stuff On Spotify
by scottyo7 on Tue May 11, 2021 7:01 pm
Wow, I really like this.
I'm glad I finally found this - sorry no one else has got to enjoy it yet. ;)
Nicely arranged and the lyrics tell a nice story... plus she is a quality singer!

To me, the vox and snare sound fine but the piano/Rhodes and other drums could use some mid-high (1800-4000Hz) sparkle?

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by sunlove on Sun May 16, 2021 12:40 pm
Nicely produced, very good elements in your songs. If I may just say something, the lyrics a little too compressed and need some de-essing here and there. The devil might in the details but you won't sell your soul by doing so.

System specs:
- LINUX Ubuntu 23.10
- INTEL Core5 i8400 with 48GB DDR4
- Samsung 980 M.2 1TB SSD
- AMD RX480 8GB GPU
- Scarlett 2i2 GEN2
by danielowen on Mon May 31, 2021 5:59 pm
I really liked this! Personally, I would love to perhaps hear a little more verb or delay on the vocals...just to give it a bit more "air". But that's just being nitpicking - quality song, recording and mixing.
by markbuster on Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:25 pm
Thanks very much to all who listened and commented! Very helpful feedback and much appreciated. Anyone who wants to listen to the final version can find it on Spotify (and other streaming services of course).
I think it's OK to post a link? We'll see...
https://open.spotify.com/album/2kMge30MvYAYPrVjo43KAc?si=tS9nsQ8-RTGwEBDz_igAgg

My Stuff On Spotify

5 posts
Page 1 of 1