Share your songs!
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
Thanks in advance for listening.
This song has been a while in the making. Short background is that an old friend of mine realized I was making music again, and had a song idea. We worked together crafting that idea into a song, with me providing the music and some lyrical contributions, and her providing the vocal talent.
I'm looking for any and all feedback, as I don't have a ton of experience mixing and producing whatever genre this is, ha ha.
Thanks!
phpBB [audio]

My Stuff On Spotify
by scottyo7 on Tue May 11, 2021 7:01 pm
Wow, I really like this.
I'm glad I finally found this - sorry no one else has got to enjoy it yet. ;)
Nicely arranged and the lyrics tell a nice story... plus she is a quality singer!

To me, the vox and snare sound fine but the piano/Rhodes and other drums could use some mid-high (1800-4000Hz) sparkle?

Please add your Signature/Info to your Profile here.
-ASUS i7 Laptop; 16GB; 2 Samsung SSD's; NVIDIA 670MX; Win 10 Home v20H2.
-S1 Pro 5.3.65413; EZD2 2.1.8. A/I: USB Behringer UMC404HD.
-Synths: Camel Audio Alchemy, Air Tech Music Suite, UVI Digital Synsations & SONiVOX Twist.
-Melodyne Studio 5.1.1.003. Ozone 5, Scuffham S-Gear 2.97.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars, two Line 6 POD's & an E-bow.
-Fluid Audio 'FX8' Monitors; Dual 28" Displays. Rode NT1; SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just Me
-Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by sunlove on Sun May 16, 2021 12:40 pm
Nicely produced, very good elements in your songs. If I may just say something, the lyrics a little too compressed and need some de-essing here and there. The devil might in the details but you won't sell your soul by doing so.

- Windows 10 May 2021 update
- Intel core i5 8400 6 cores 2.8Mhz 48GB DDR4
- GTX 1650 Super 4GB
- Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 2nd gen
by danielowen on Mon May 31, 2021 5:59 pm
I really liked this! Personally, I would love to perhaps hear a little more verb or delay on the vocals...just to give it a bit more "air". But that's just being nitpicking - quality song, recording and mixing.
by markbuster on Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:25 pm
Thanks very much to all who listened and commented! Very helpful feedback and much appreciated. Anyone who wants to listen to the final version can find it on Spotify (and other streaming services of course).
I think it's OK to post a link? We'll see...
https://open.spotify.com/album/2kMge30MvYAYPrVjo43KAc?si=tS9nsQ8-RTGwEBDz_igAgg

My Stuff On Spotify

5 posts
Page 1 of 1