Share your songs!
10 posts
Page 1 of 1
phpBB [audio]

from the new Bats Brew album "Elemental", available here:
batsbrew.bandcamp.com

"Insignificant" is actually the name of a class V rapid on the Gauley river in west Virginia, where my lady and I did a whitewater rafting trip many years back… we had an incident in the raft which caused it to collapse in the middle of a very tricky spot, the raft folded, and we lost my lady and the guide. I was able to pull the guide back in, but my lady got pulled down deep in a hydraulic, and spit out 20 yards down river… we chased after her in the raft, and this song is the interpretation of that moment in time. Scary, and exhilarating. my lady is fine. :)

Bats Brew music Streaming
https://batsbrew.bandcamp.com/
Studio One 5.2, Win 10 Pro, Intel Core i7-7700 3.6GHz Quad-Core, MSI B250M, 16G, SSD & spinner
by robertgilliland1 on Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:07 pm

Studio One 5.2, Win 10 Pro, Intel Core i7-7700 3.6GHz Quad-Core, MSI B250M, 16G, SSD & spinner
by danielowen on Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:53 am
Right on Rob! I loved the guitar tones and overall sound in this. While not in the same part of the world, I've been white water rafting in New Zealand and can certainly see how scary and out of control it can get rather quickly! Glad your lady is all ok, and it inspired you to write a cool track!
by markbuster on Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:42 pm
Well, I'm a sucker for guitar driven stuff like this. I really enjoyed the layers, tones, and arrangement of the guitar parts. A fun listen, thanks for sharing.

My Stuff On Spotify
by rscain on Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:54 pm
Wow, That's a scary incident, for sure! I'm glad everybody was ok!
Almost as scary is the job you do recreating it. Just really well done. You can visualize how the thing unfolds through the music. And well played and mixed too.
I'm always impressed by your work. Thanks!

RS Cain plays Bitwood Guitars exclusively.
AMD FX9350 @4 gHz, 16 gb ram, 1 Tb SSD, 2 1Tb SS/Hybrid HDs, 1 Tb Fantom External HD, Windows 10 64 bit, Presonus Studio One 4 Pro, Pro Tools 2019.6, Izotope Neutron 3 Advanced and Ozone 9 Advanced, ARC 2, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate, TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3, Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP, Focusrite Octopre MkII, KRK Rokit 8 monitors, Sennheiser HD 280 pro headphones, MidiMan Oxygen 8, Behringer X-Touch and Extender, Bitwood Guitars, and stuff.

"TURN IT UP!"
by sirmonkey on Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:48 pm
Excellent as always. All of your songs have their own vibe.

I see that Bob (rscain) is a fan too! I got a Telecaster from his website (awesome guitar!)
And now I'm getting his recreation of a Gibson ES 335. It should be here Saturday. Can't wait!
I actually talked to him on the phone earlier today.
Let me tell you, next time you're thinking about getting a guitar, check out his site...bitwood guitars
if you haven't already. Just like this song, I'm giving the full 5 stars. :punk:

Atari 5200, 64K RAM S1PRO Radio Shack Cassette Recorder w/internal Mic, and too many plugins.
by robertgilliland1 on Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:43 am
danielowen wroteRight on Rob! I loved the guitar tones and overall sound in this. While not in the same part of the world, I've been white water rafting in New Zealand and can certainly see how scary and out of control it can get rather quickly! Glad your lady is all ok, and it inspired you to write a cool track!

well hey! how about that,
thanks for checking it out daniel,
i had given up on this one.

new zealand has some WILD looking rapids, i've seen on video...
what a beautiful place that is!

tones on this was part of the big experiment of using a modeler for the 3rd time (the previous attempts didn't make the grade),
i was quite pleased with this one!

by robertgilliland1 on Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:44 am
markbuster wroteWell, I'm a sucker for guitar driven stuff like this. I really enjoyed the layers, tones, and arrangement of the guitar parts. A fun listen, thanks for sharing.

hi mark! thanks so much for the comments,
yea, i like the guitar stuff too,
i try to write stuff that i'd like to hear, and just hope others are digging it too.

by robertgilliland1 on Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:34 pm
rscain wroteWow, That's a scary incident, for sure! I'm glad everybody was ok!
Almost as scary is the job you do recreating it. Just really well done. You can visualize how the thing unfolds through the music. And well played and mixed too.
I'm always impressed by your work. Thanks!

hi rscain!
yes, visualization is a thing i do,
i often times will define a rhythm, or melody, based on some frozen moment in time i remember, the rhythm of this song is similar to the pace of the paddling required for certain parts of the rapids....

i actually have a 'chronological map' of what happened on that trip,
that is the arrangement map of the song.

i put the 'sections' of the rapids trip, including the arrival, the prep, the put in, the first set of rapids, etc, in the track marker, and then arranged the drum tracks to the marker callouts.
it was fun to do, but a bit tedious.

by robertgilliland1 on Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:57 am
sirmonkey wroteExcellent as always. All of your songs have their own vibe.

I see that Bob (rscain) is a fan too! I got a Telecaster from his website (awesome guitar!)
And now I'm getting his recreation of a Gibson ES 335. It should be here Saturday. Can't wait!
I actually talked to him on the phone earlier today.
Let me tell you, next time you're thinking about getting a guitar, check out his site...bitwood guitars
if you haven't already. Just like this song, I'm giving the full 5 stars. :punk:

hello sir monkey!
thanks for listening,
and i'm really glad your a fan of my tunes.

es335, that sounds like a LOT of fun. i'd love to have some cash to throw at a new guitar, a 335 is def on the list...

thanks for the stars!
and yea, i'll check out bitwood

10 posts
Page 1 of 1