Share your songs!
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
phpBB [video]

This is me stepping waaaaay further from my comfort zone than ever before :D I hope it is worth it.

I have tried to get better at singing and I think I am making some progress in terms of note precision. Let me know what you think about my sound/production quality as well. It has been fun and we will see what I come up with next. :thumbup:

All of this was one take btw

Sincerely,
Ilmari

Gear list: Studio One 4, Focusrite Clarett, Ibanez guitars, Kiesel Vader 8, Hughes and Kettner Vortex amp, HP omen with GTX1060,Ryzen 7 and 16gb DDR4 ram
by hello people on Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:31 am
Well I guess English is not your mother tongue. So you're doing your best to sing English. The vocal really dominates the instrumentation. Maybe you could work with the backing track and lay off a tad on the, the kind of 'force' of the vocals. Maybe you can just chill those vocals down a little bit...a bit more relaxed and with the track.

But you know...singing ain't easy. I can't sing and I'm always struggling with it.

by Black_Haus on Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:56 am
I agree with most of what “hello people” said.

Way better than I could prob do. I don’t do much singing so I don’t really feel like I should be critiquing this.

Takes a lot of guts to sing and post it as well as video it. So... my hat”s off to you sir. Keep up the good work

Dell XPS 8930 - Win10 64-Bit i7 8700K 32GB RAM 512 SSD 2TB HD S1 2 Pro, S1 3 Pro & S1 4 Pro
HP Omen - Win 10 64-Bit i7 7700HQ 12GB RAM 1TB HD S1 4 Pro
Firestudio Project x 2, StudioLive 16.4.2, Audiobox 44VSL Yamaha HS8 & HS10
Roli Seaboard Block & Lightpad, Nektar Impact LX49+, Fender, Gibson, Marshall, Mesa Boogie, Avatar, ADA, SWR

https://www.zeroempire.net
http://constantcollision.com
by ilmariponkala on Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:19 pm
hello people wroteWell I guess English is not your mother tongue. So you're doing your best to sing English. The vocal really dominates the instrumentation. Maybe you could work with the backing track and lay off a tad on the, the kind of 'force' of the vocals. Maybe you can just chill those vocals down a little bit...a bit more relaxed and with the track.

But you know...singing ain't easy. I can't sing and I'm always struggling with it.

You are right. English is not my native tongue :) I am from Finland.

The vocals are intended to be as high in volume as they are. The reason for this is so you can hear the vocals better and they don’t get mixed up with the original ones. So there is no backing track because I sing straight on top of the original song. This is only a vocal cover, not a full band cover ;)

Thanks to you both for your feedback! :+1

-Ilmari

Gear list: Studio One 4, Focusrite Clarett, Ibanez guitars, Kiesel Vader 8, Hughes and Kettner Vortex amp, HP omen with GTX1060,Ryzen 7 and 16gb DDR4 ram

4 posts
Page 1 of 1