Share your songs!
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey guys! I haven't posted anything for a long time on this forum. That is because I have had a lot of things going on for the year 2018.

Here is something that I came up with recently.

Yes it is metal again so bare with me :lol:

https://depthsoftitan.bandcamp.com/trac ... -full-song

I hope you enjoy.
Please check out some other of my work if you like this one :)

- Ilmari

Gear list: Ibanez UV777P, ibanez 5xx heavily customized, Ormsby Hype GTR8, Harley benton 5-string bass, Joyo Vintage overdrive (tubescreamer clone), Steinberg UR22 audio interface, Akai Advance 61 keyboard, Hughes and Kettner Vortex 100 head.
by timmorris on Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:52 pm
Err...yes its Metal alright !

Not my thing but I managed a couple of minutes...its a pretty cool vibe, gets slightly Muse when the vocal comes in , not a bad thing !

Thanks for posting :thumbup:

Presonus 16.4.2 - Mac mini 2.3G i7, 16G Ram, Faderport - S1 -3 Pro
Novation Impulse 49 - Yamaha HS7 - Kemper Profiler -
SE 3300 - SE2200 - SE Reflexion - EBMM AAxis super sport - Taylor 414CE - PRS 513.
by ilmariponkala on Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:40 am
timmorris wroteErr...yes its Metal alright !

Not my thing but I managed a couple of minutes...its a pretty cool vibe, gets slightly Muse when the vocal comes in , not a bad thing !

Thanks for posting :thumbup:

Thanks for the listen man! I really appreciate it. :+1

-Ilmari

Gear list: Ibanez UV777P, ibanez 5xx heavily customized, Ormsby Hype GTR8, Harley benton 5-string bass, Joyo Vintage overdrive (tubescreamer clone), Steinberg UR22 audio interface, Akai Advance 61 keyboard, Hughes and Kettner Vortex 100 head.
by zzskhg on Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:19 am
I 've been away from the forum for a year or two myself, but I definately remember you!

This tune is not my cup of tea, I but I loved some of your older solo stuff (Mr Satriani).

Since this isn't my genre and I'm rusty, I'll take a stab at just one critique that stood out to me:

The melody vox are very wet, and get blended with some other very wet tracks. The result for me is I cant make out the lyrics at all, just a vague melody.

Maybe try a mix with all the vox going through a verb/delay bus with a smaller room effect? Or maybe try running all the guitar and vox tracks through the same FX bus and adjust the wet/dry feel to get a same-room feel?

The intro and filler vox creep me out, sounds like something out of the Excorcist.

Good to see you back, hope I can find more time here too!

Windows 10 home, i7 quad core, 16 gig ram, studio 192, faderport 8, jbl lsr305 monitors. S1v3.2 pro.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1