Share your songs!
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
I've got a new song. Kind of a country style song. I spent a lot of time working on it.
It's far from perfect but sometimes you have to go with the overall feeling.
I like a good story - especially if it's funny!
Hope you like it!

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=13826813
by Blades on Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:33 pm
Well...I'm commenting here because no one else has - and I hate that!

So, it's not my cup o' tea musically, but it is kind of funny, I would surely cry if my dog ran away, and did I mention that I hate when people don't get comments on what they post?! Especially if they clearly spent a bunch of time on it.

If it were me, I'd probably go back and address the tuning a bit on the guitars and record the vocals with a little more high end in them.

So there you have it. Overall, I'd play it for friends and it would probably work in in a bar of the right sort!

:D

Hope that's worth something to you.

Drummer and Singer mostly with some limited Guitar/Bass/Keys and a love for tech.
My personal website, with some useful videos and other music related things: https://blades.technology

Using:
Self-built i7 8700k/16gb/all SSD, S1 4 Pro, +Sonar Platinum/Cakewalk by Bandlab, PreSonus Studio 18|24 USB, Faderport 8, Tranzport, Edirol PCR-800, Pearl Mimic Pro and Roland V-Drums kit & Console 1 with SSL4000e + British Class A..
by timmorris on Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:45 pm
Well...its a song...its done and its posted...thats a big achievement actually !

Also not my style really, but its all there and I really think the recording style suits this song, ..yes we can go on about EQ, compression and all that...but not for this, its fine as it is. :thumbup:

Presonus 16.4.2 - Mac mini 2.3G i7, 16G Ram, Faderport - S1 -3 Pro
Novation Impulse 49 - Yamaha HS7 - Kemper Profiler -
SE 3300 - SE2200 - SE Reflexion - EBMM AAxis super sport - Taylor 414CE - PRS 513.
by victorparedes on Wed Jan 16, 2019 4:18 pm
I love this :) I'm a huge folk/Americana guy, so this is just great. I also love how down-home it sounds. It really speaks to the genre properly. It's pretty relaxed. I really dig the drums, though there is something strange going on at 1:29. It sounds like the beat is off or the entire band didn't hit the double-stop properly?

Overall, a good well-balanced sound for the genre. I really enjoyed the listen!
by 6stringer1 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:03 pm
Thanks guys for giving it a listen!
Sorry for the delay in responding. I've been putting in long hours at work and haven't been able to keep up with everything.
Blades - thanks for your kind words. They are certainly worth something!
Thanks Tim. I'm glad you enjoyed it. It was fun writing and recording it. It was a lot more work editing and mixing.
Victor - Thanks for your comments. I like a lot of different types of music -
especially folk/acoustic/Americana.
I've always liked songs that tell a story. The idea for the song came from when one of my co workers got a call at work that her dog had ran away and she needed to leave work to go find him. I Wrote all the lyrics and played all the parts. I actually played the drums and was pretty embarrassed with what I played. I'm not a drummer. I usually play acoustic/electric guitar but I don't have other musicians to play with so I have to do it it all myself . I spent a lot of time editing and trying to get a good mix. In the end I decided it was better to go with a good story and the overall feel of the song.
Thanks again everyone for giving it a listen. I appreciate it!

5 posts
Page 1 of 1