Share your songs!
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
This is a tune about all the diseases the medical folks have come up with, most of them IMHO are diagnosed to separate us from our money.
All the "diseases" in this song are made up (I hope) and no disrespect is meant to anyone with genuine health issues.

This is a little different from my usual stuff, but variety is the spice and all that...

phpBB [audio]

If anyone has any suggestions on the mix I'd like to hear them!

Thanks!

RS Cain plays Bitwood Guitars exclusively.
AMD FX9350 @4 gHz, 16 gb ram, 1 Tb SSD, 2 1Tb SS/Hybrid HDs, 1 Tb Fantom External HD, Windows 10 64 bit, Presonus Studio One 4 Pro, Pro Tools 2019.6, Izotope Neutron 3 Advanced and Ozone 9 Advanced, ARC 2, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate, TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3, Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP, Focusrite Octopre MkII, KRK Rokit 8 monitors, Sennheiser HD 280 pro headphones, MidiMan Oxygen 8, Behringer X-Touch and Extender, Bitwood Guitars, and stuff.

"TURN IT UP!"
by Black_Haus on Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:25 pm
This sounds really good!

I like how it just jumps right out at you with the Bass really thumping. Excellent playing, especially the Guitar Solo. Very nice!

Nice Drum & Bass break at 3.30 The only thing to really criticize is the female backing vox sound a little less than real to me for some reason. Still really well done.

Dell XPS 8930 - Win10 64-Bit i7 8700K 32GB RAM 512 SSD 2TB HD S1 2 Pro, S1 3 Pro & S1 4 Pro
HP Omen - Win 10 64-Bit i7 7700HQ 12GB RAM 1TB HD S1 4 Pro
Firestudio Project x 2, StudioLive 16.4.2, Audiobox 44VSL Yamaha HS8 & HS10
Roli Seaboard Block & Lightpad, Nektar Impact LX49+, Fender, Gibson, Marshall, Mesa Boogie, Avatar, ADA, SWR

https://www.zeroempire.net
https://constantcollision.com
https://www.youtube.com/zeroempire
by musicchamber on Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:20 pm
I really liked this! Well done.

Listening back on my system I felt the Hi Hats were a little too loud and maybe just a tiny bit more snare was needed. The guitar solo I feel could be raised just a little bit to pop out at you.

Nice work, and great performances.

Best,
Scott

Studio One Professional v6, Apple iMac Pro 14 core, 128gb memory, 4TB SSD. macOS Ventura, Main audio interface is RME Babyface Pro. Presonus 192, DP88 (not currently used), RC500, ADL600, Focusrite ISA430, TC4000 reverb, SPL Phonitor, Monitoring: Event Opal, IK Multimedia MTM Studio Monitors x 5, DMAX audio Super Cubes. HD800s mastering reference headphones. Sequential Prophet 12, Prophet 12 modules x4, E-MU 4XT Ultra, Roland Fantom 8, Korg Pa3x, Roland Fp7-F, MOTU midi express 128, Xkey air 37, Studiolive CS18, Atari STE with Notator plus loads of microphones and plugins etc
by scottyo7 on Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:38 pm
Wow, this is superb for this genre' and overall.
The lyrics are appropos and it sounds like you spent lots of time to get them to rhyme. :lol:

The sound mix is also very good for this genre' - nice and wide.
You have a knack here for picking the appropriate instuments as well.

Isn't the bass pattern/track similar to German beer tunes (ala ABBA)?

Lastly, how did you create the 'backup' girls... they are also great!

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by rscain on Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:12 pm
Black_Haus wroteThis sounds really good!

I like how it just jumps right out at you with the Bass really thumping. Excellent playing, especially the Guitar Solo. Very nice!

Nice Drum & Bass break at 3.30 The only thing to really criticize is the female backing vox sound a little less than real to me for some reason. Still really well done.

Thanks a lot, I'm glad you liked it!
As for the female backing vox, you're right! See my reply to Scotty below. Thanks again!

AMD FX9350 @4 gHz, 16 gb ram, 1 Tb SSD, 2 1Tb SS/Hybrid HDs, 1 Tb Fantom External HD, Windows 10 64 bit, Presonus Studio One 4 Pro, Pro Tools 2019.6, Izotope Neutron 3 Advanced and Ozone 9 Advanced, ARC 2, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate, TC-Helicon VoiceLive 3, Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DSP, Focusrite Octopre MkII, KRK Rokit 8 monitors, Sennheiser HD 280 pro headphones, MidiMan Oxygen 8, Behringer X-Touch and Extender, Bitwood Guitars, and stuff.

"TURN IT UP!"
by rscain on Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:15 pm
musicchamber wroteI really liked this! Well done.

Listening back on my system I felt the Hi Hats were a little too loud and maybe just a tiny bit more snare was needed. The guitar solo I feel could be raised just a little bit to pop out at you.

Nice work, and great performances.

Best,
Scott

Thanks Scott, much appreciated! The drums on this were probably what have given me the most trouble. I will probably spend some more time on the mix when I master the whole project.

"TURN IT UP!"
by rscain on Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:34 pm
scottyo7 wroteWow, this is superb for this genre' and overall.
The lyrics are appropos and it sounds like you spent lots of time to get them to rhyme. :lol:

The sound mix is also very good for this genre' - nice and wide.
You have a knack here for picking the appropriate instuments as well.

Isn't the bass pattern/track similar to German beer tunes (ala ABBA)?

Lastly, how did you create the 'backup' girls... they are also great!

Thanks very much Scotty!
I did some research on "fake diseases", none of those are real. Yes, it took a "bit" to make them "fit", LOL.
The bass pattern is pretty much an oompa, yeah. Also pretty standard for what our drummer calls a "train beat" (boom chugga chugga chugga).

And the "girls", (my go-to back ups in situations like these; I call them the "Tender Emotions", :lol: ), are me with the pitched raised an octave and the formants messed with a bit. I usually smooth them out a bit more and use a little EQ to make them more realistic but for this tune they felt right the way they are.

Also, the bass on the breaks was done with MIDI and a bass synth. I played the rest of it myself but I couldn't get the break part as staccato (?) as I wanted so I used the synth for that part.

My buddy Donte did the keys and the guitars are my Telecaster.

Thanks again!!

"TURN IT UP!"

7 posts
Page 1 of 1