It`s called "Paintings!"
Feel free to comment and giving Feedback even if you hate it :D

Paintings! - Original Mix
Track length: 9:11
BPM: 138
Genre: Trance / Electronica

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1u_ZZ8jegZsWg1bhkz_u0FYhWJyjG7J8O
by Bbd on Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:57 pm
I don't usually download any music but decided to this time.

The overall dynamic range and frequency spectrum is really really good. The bottom is very tight but full. You controlled the sub lows very well IMO. I wanted more snap on the kick though.
Sounds good on my simple system.

Mids and highs are clear but maybe the snare in the overall could use some brightness compared to other sounds that pop in and out (compare to the very bright drum sound that comes up later which is almost too bright IMO).

I really like the arrangement and playing.

Dropping the bottom out for a bit and then bringing it back was nice. Stereo imaging also very good.

I liked it!

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by sebastianholtzer on Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:39 pm
Bbd wroteI don't usually download any music but decided to this time.

The overall dynamic range and frequency spectrum is really really good. The bottom is very tight but full. You controlled the sub lows very well IMO. I wanted more snap on the kick though.
Sounds good on my simple system.

Mids and highs are clear but maybe the snare in the overall could use some brightness compared to other sounds that pop in and out (compare to the very bright drum sound that comes up later which is almost too bright IMO).

I really like the arrangement and playing.

Dropping the bottom out for a bit and then bringing it back was nice. Stereo imaging also very good.

I liked it!

Thank you very, very much for your feedback.
I`ll change some things and of course making some tweaks, and what you`ve requested is on my list now.
When done, I wanted to attack with some peaktime stuff, taking the best elements of this mix and trying to make a banger, cause this is nice, but not the ultimate overdrive. It was just more looking how far I can go in mixing with that DAW and exploring it and looking and finding myself.

Bbd how would you start to make the kick more snappy?
1. Using paralell compression
2. or would start to shape the transients
3. or putting a quiet snare on it?
by Bbd on Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:39 am
For your kick, I think a simple +3db @ 3K with +1db @ 60hz might do it.
I always like to make sure I can here the kick at very low playback volume and also on really bad PC speakers. Sometimes the kick's click can help that.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by sebastianholtzer on Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:21 am
Bbd wrote+1db @ 60hz might do it.

That`s appropriate, cause between 29Hz und 52Hz i`ve got my EQ Automation`s to match the Kicks better to the Bass Melodys. Will do that. Thanks.

With 3db @3K:
I`ve got my High Kick set to 1.50db @3k. Will change that to 3db. Nice Bbd, really nice. Thanks. :)
I can`t do that on the Mid and the Sub Kick, but I`m sure this will work with the High Kick.

I`ll will increase the Level of the Bass Bus and the Drum Bus too, for 0.1db.

After tweaking the Arrangement, I cutted a bit yesterday on the EQ`s at the Highs and the Lows. And of course my Lows on my Master EQ`s. They moved now from 23.875k to 24.875k @96db.
They`re still tight but have now more air to breath and a bit more jumping like dynamic. I does more jumping now in the headphones.
You know this vibrations like a jumping bunny in the Headphone?
I Love it. Makes me feel happy and stimulates me.

For the Snare I simply changed the Filter from "A LP12" to "D LP12" at the Impact and tweaked the Volume Level.
That was the issue here. The other Snares had the "D LP12".
Thank you very much. :P

You know these Bunnys here`?
phpBB [video]

Marusha had them too:
phpBB [video]
by Bbd on Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:52 am
"jumping bunny in the headphone"
:thumbup:

Bbd

by sebastianholtzer on Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:53 pm
Bbd wrote :thumbup:

I`m done with this work now. I tweaked a lot and I found some serious issues in the programming as well. So thank you very much for your feedback. Motivated me as hell for this track.
If you wanna hear it here it is:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10FcavE5-HS3UnUpRNNkWK2uH9eW43BeW/view

Bye,bye.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1