Share your songs!
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
I'm working on a new EP :) What do you guys think of this?
phpBB [video]

Gear list: Studio One 4, Focusrite Clarett, Ibanez guitars, Kiesel Vader 8, Hughes and Kettner Vortex amp, HP omen with GTX1060,Ryzen 7 and 16gb DDR4 ram
by scottyo7 on Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:31 am
This is right there for this genre'.
I'm kind of burned out on the symphonic metal/hard rock but this was refreshing.
Nicely mixed too! ;)

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by ilmariponkala on Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:52 am
scottyo7 wroteThis is right there for this genre'.
I'm kind of burned out on the symphonic metal/hard rock but this was refreshing.
Nicely mixed too! ;)

Thanks man! :) Means a lot!

Gear list: Studio One 4, Focusrite Clarett, Ibanez guitars, Kiesel Vader 8, Hughes and Kettner Vortex amp, HP omen with GTX1060,Ryzen 7 and 16gb DDR4 ram
by jpsbuk on Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:48 am
Well 'Havoc' fits as a title. I'm sure this is great as all your work is .. I just can't listen to this genre of music for more than a few moments so can't really comment on the whole piece. What I can say though is you certainly have energy and skill!

Thanks for sharing

Studio One 4.5.0 Professional
MacBook Pro (2018) 2.9GHz 7th Gen i7 Processor 512GB SSD, 16GB RAM, Radeon Pro 560 4GB with Presonus Studio 24C
Mac 27" i5 with Presonus FireStudio Mobile
Akai LPK25, NI Komplete Kontrol S49 Mk2, Komplete 11, Nektar Impact GX49, NI Maschine Jam, NI Maschine Mikro, Faderport 1, Artiphon Instrument 1

http://soundcloud.com/busterbuk
http://busterbuk.bandcamp.com
https://www.facebook.com/BusterBuk/
by Bbd on Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:30 pm
This piece was definately born of havoc! Really nice job.
I like your new avatar with a picture of yourself! Great to see you.
Are you that young?

You know I enjoy your work.

What about a splash of upper mids like +2 @ 4K (somewhat narrow band) and +2 @ 60hz very narrow band? Just a bit more thump and a touch more clarity in the mids. Maybe consider this next time.

Good luck on the new EP.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by ilmariponkala on Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:15 am
Bbd wroteThis piece was definately born of havoc! Really nice job.
I like your new avatar with a picture of yourself! Great to see you.
Are you that young?

You know I enjoy your work.

What about a splash of upper mids like +2 @ 4K (somewhat narrow band) and +2 @ 60hz very narrow band? Just a bit more thump and a touch more clarity in the mids. Maybe consider this next time.

Good luck on the new EP.

Actually I was thinking exactly what you are suggesting. I had two mixes with other having the slight "boost" in the upper mids compared to this one. I found it to be a bit harsh though. Might be just my monitors and my ears (just got new monitors). Thanks for the reply man!
-Ilmari

6 posts
Page 1 of 1