Share your songs!
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
My version of the Candy Dulfer/Dave Stewart classic "Lily Was Here."

Mastered in Studio One and using all Studio One sounds, instruments. As always, constructive criticism is always welcomed. Thanks for listening!

phpBB [video]

Windows 10 - Presonus Studio One 5.1 - Presonus Notion 6
Presonus Central Station - Presonus Eris E8 - Celemony Melodyne
Presonus Studio 192 - Korg Triton Taktile - Presonus Atom - M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro - Korg Nanokey Studio - Behringer X Touch Presonus Faderport
by scottyo7 on Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:28 pm
Who doesn't love Candy Dulfer... just her name sounds great! ;)

Your cover sounds good.
The percussion and bass have good dimension and low end, overall layout and flow.
Two things I'd change (if it were me) is to add more depth to the guitar and sax VI's. They sound a little 'honky' and thin. For example (if it were me) I'd explore adding more low end depth with EQ and/or multi-band compression and/or double the tracks, etc..

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by ksmason on Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:04 pm
scottyo7 wroteWho doesn't love Candy Dulfer... just her name sounds great! ;)

Your cover sounds good.
The percussion and bass have good dimension and low end, overall layout and flow.
Two things I'd change (if it were me) is to add more depth to the guitar and sax VI's. They sound a little 'honky' and thin. For example (if it were me) I'd explore adding more low end depth with EQ and/or multi-band compression and/or double the tracks, etc..

Yes, Candy Dulfer is incredible. Love her!

Thanks for the great suggestions, scottyo7. I really appreciate it! :D

Presonus Studio 192 - Korg Triton Taktile - Presonus Atom - M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro - Korg Nanokey Studio - Behringer X Touch Presonus Faderport
by boudie123 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:40 pm
Really nice . I'd really try and make the track a bit more dreamier,. smooth and soothing

presonus 1642.. studio one pro 2.. presonus Sceptre 8.. les paul epiphone standard pro.. Ibanez g2000 bass.. Yamaha apx500ii.. apple imac intel core i5 processor. presonus hp4.. ez drummer2... melodyne essentials , mapex drums ,big baby taylor. persons sceptre 8, presonus monitor station,ozone isotope 7, peavey t-40, peavey falcon, yamaha ypg 535
by jpsbuk on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:04 am
+1 to everything that Scotty said. The general body of the piece has a really nice sound to it but the sax in particular does sound very 'thin'.

Thanks for sharing.

Studio One 4.5.0 Professional
MacBook Pro (2018) 2.9GHz 7th Gen i7 Processor 512GB SSD, 16GB RAM, Radeon Pro 560 4GB with Presonus Studio 24C
Mac 27" i5 with Presonus FireStudio Mobile
Akai LPK25, NI Komplete Kontrol S49 Mk2, Komplete 11, Nektar Impact GX49, NI Maschine Jam, NI Maschine Mikro, Faderport 1, Artiphon Instrument 1

http://soundcloud.com/busterbuk
http://busterbuk.bandcamp.com
https://www.facebook.com/BusterBuk/
by ksmason on Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:04 pm
jpsbuk & boudie123, thanks guys for taking the time to take a listen and offering some great suggestions. Much appreciated.

6 posts
Page 1 of 1