Share your songs!
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Here's another original track from me. I actually finished it a couple of years ago, but I just remixed it and completely reprogrammed the drums.

Hope you like it!

phpBB [video]

https://youtu.be/ECSwYMpa4b0

http://wheelermedia.net/

StudioOne v5 latest release - custom built PC, Win10, i7 9700k, Gigabyte Z390 UD, 16GB RAM, a few SSDs, Zoom UAC-2, Mackie HR824 monitors + loads of plugins.
Selmer Reference 54 tenor sax, Selmer SA80 Series III soprano sax, Akai EWI 4000s and a Korg SV1
:thumbup:
by scottyo7 on Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:47 pm
Another?
I must have missed your previous ones. :roll:
I see there's some more on YouTube though. ;)

This is fabulous!
My only small gripe is the piano at start is a bit strong (I'd take off some high end) for my taste but the vibrato guitar off to the side is so sweet there. 8-)

The turnarounds at 1:02, 2:14 followed by the riffy lead/melody are interestingly different.
The switch to the Rhodes after the 1st break is nice and different from the expected return to piano.

The Breakdown/solo section is unique to me at 2:45.
This is a lot more complex than what I'd write but not so much that I don't get it. ;)

I can think barely think of a handful of jazz rock artists that I've come across like the Rippingtons, Jeff Beck, that might come close to this energetic meld.

Ah, per your website you are quite an accomplished musician, etc..
Congrats, (I think) I wish I could have had a wider musical career... more than the 20 bands full of bantering and rotating doors for the bassists and singers to come and go through. :o

P.S. Lemon 'n' Herb is quite nice also!

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by pwheeler on Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:37 pm
Thanks for the kind words - glad you like it!

Yes i posted "Lemon n Herb" on here a month or so ago. Ill be posting some more on here soon - just remixing and reporgramming some of my older tracks at the moment. Got some new stuff coming too.

Its so tough in this day and age to get people interested in instrumental tracks. Its good to have an outlet like this where people will actually listen!

http://wheelermedia.net/

StudioOne v5 latest release - custom built PC, Win10, i7 9700k, Gigabyte Z390 UD, 16GB RAM, a few SSDs, Zoom UAC-2, Mackie HR824 monitors + loads of plugins.
Selmer Reference 54 tenor sax, Selmer SA80 Series III soprano sax, Akai EWI 4000s and a Korg SV1
:thumbup:
by Bbd on Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:42 pm
I liked it. Nice job!

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ

4 posts
Page 1 of 1