Share your songs!
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Just a song i slapped together with a mate. Written in about 10 mins. I played all guitars, bass, drum programming & recorded rather hastily...

phpBB [audio]

Dell XPS-15, i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, Apollo Twin USB, Studio One 3 Pro, Win 10, guitars....lots of guitars..!
by Bbd on Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:13 pm
Pretty good work for slapping together in 10 minutes! That means you played the song from scratch about 3 times!
;)

Bbd

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 4.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, ELAC Sub, ATOM
by mickedge on Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:11 am
Bbd wrotePretty good work for slapping together in 10 minutes! That means you played the song from scratch about 3 times!
;)

This one started out very differently. Tim (the guy singing) wrote the tune & i recorded him strumming a nylon string. The lyrics & original guitar part was recorded in about 10 mins & didn't have that heavy country feel to it..

I took the song home & replaced the guitar part, put down some bass & ezdrummer. Tim later recorded the solo...& i had some slap back echo on the guitar track, but because there was a few random open strings ringing out, it was causing some warbling...so i copied his solo note for note & re-recorded it. Got him to redo the vox & this is the result..! It was mostly mixed with headphones so i'm sure it could be improved...

Cheers

Dell XPS-15, i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, Apollo Twin USB, Studio One 3 Pro, Win 10, guitars....lots of guitars..!
by Bbd on Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:13 am
I thought maybe more work was done on it. I enjoyed it. Sounds like you did too!
:lol:

Bbd

Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 4 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 4.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 16GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, ELAC Sub, ATOM
by jpsbuk on Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:09 am
Really nice feel to this .. really sounds like I'm sitting right next to the stage with a beer in my hand :)

Only thing that did trouble me a little was the reverb on the vocal. I'm listening on headphones and the stereo separation of the echo sounds quite 'strange' .. almost like another singer repeating the lines right in to my left ear ! :?

Thanks for sharing

Studio One 4.5.0 Professional
MacBook Pro (2018) 2.9GHz 7th Gen i7 Processor 512GB SSD, 16GB RAM, Radeon Pro 560 4GB with Presonus Studio 24C
Mac 27" i5 with Presonus FireStudio Mobile
Akai LPK25, NI Komplete Kontrol S49 Mk2, Komplete 11, Nektar Impact GX49, NI Maschine Jam, NI Maschine Mikro, Faderport 1, Artiphon Instrument 1

http://soundcloud.com/busterbuk
http://busterbuk.bandcamp.com
https://www.facebook.com/BusterBuk/
by mickedge on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:20 am
Bbd wroteI thought maybe more work was done on it. I enjoyed it. Sounds like you did too!
:lol:

Thanks Bbd, was a fun tune to work on. Glad you enjoyed it.. :+1

by mickedge on Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:26 am
jpsbuk wroteReally nice feel to this .. really sounds like I'm sitting right next to the stage with a beer in my hand :)

Only thing that did trouble me a little was the reverb on the vocal. I'm listening on headphones and the stereo separation of the echo sounds quite 'strange' .. almost like another singer repeating the lines right in to my left ear ! :?

Thanks for sharing

Thanks jpsbuk, i can assure you there were a few beers consumed during the recording..!

Yes you are correct about the vocals. Someone said it sounded like the singer was in the bathroom..! I was going for a slap back delay but I think I missed the mark. I'll have another look at it & see if I can tweak it a bit..

Thanks for your feedback :)

7 posts
Page 1 of 1