Share your songs!
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
So my pal wrote the songs, I recorded and produced in S1 , with mostly stock plugins, I also played elec guitars, keys etc.

The style is not for everyone I get that, but please give it a listen ( all short tracks ! )

Be nice to get some stats on Bandcamp

Thanks folks ....I genuinely couldn't have done it without you !

https://8uddha8ox.bandcamp.com/album/ho ... -we-expire

Presonus 16.4.2 - Mac mini 2.3G i7, 16G Ram, Faderport - S1 -3 Pro
Novation Impulse 49 - Yamaha HS7 - Kemper Profiler -
SE 3300 - SE2200 - SE Reflexion - EBMM AAxis super sport - Taylor 414CE - PRS 513.
by scottyo7 on Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:09 pm
The music seems fine. 8-)
But the vox is too loud - it just doesn't sit right in the music - at least for my ears. :roll:

Further, 70% of all the vocals seem out of tune... enough that I couldn't listen to a whole track... only some snippets. This is further exasperated on the multi-track vocals sections. :cry:

I'd highly suggest using Melodyne to tune them - especially for a "public" release.
Or...
I'm full of it... and as others chime in, maybe they will love it. ;)

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by Bbd on Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:49 pm
scottyo7 wroteThe music seems fine. 8-)
But the vox is too loud - it just doesn't sit right in the music - at least for my ears. :roll:

Further, 70% of all the vocals seem out of tune... enough that I couldn't listen to a whole track... only some snippets. This is further exasperated on the multi-track vocals sections. :cry:

I'd highly suggest using Melodyne to tune them - especially for a "public" release.
Or...
I'm full of it... and as others chime in, maybe they will love it. ;)

+1

This mix would be improved on greatly if you would try it again bring your main volume down to a whisper. Then mix so that you can hear all the instruments and vocals. You will be bringing the voc down, drums and other instruments up a bit, etc.
Then bring with whole mix up and fine tune it.
The vocal EQ is not really unlistenable. Too harsh IMO. Try a desser on it and maybe some tape saturation.
Seems like you have all that you need to improve it. Maybe you were using a speaker system or phones that where not as true as you need?
The tune and vocals are fine it's must the mix and overall EQ IMO.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by timmorris on Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:26 pm
We'll...first ..thanks for taking the time to listen, and I respect you guys and your opinions , you are indeed more knowledgable than I.

Vocals are tricky, we know he's not a great singer, and if we had an option it might be different,,but at this time we dont.

I did actually run this through Melodyne and it wasnt too far out , but I agree its a strange timbre and because the notes sort of waver its really hard to do much with it.

Vocals too loud?...yes maybe...but it is what it is now.

This was a good test to go through the motion of getting something finished, mastered and out on band camp,..oddly the non -studio bods have given it some good feedback :+1

Anyhow, we are working on a new song now so I will be sure to post it for further review ...always learning :shock:

Presonus 16.4.2 - Mac mini 2.3G i7, 16G Ram, Faderport - S1 -3 Pro
Novation Impulse 49 - Yamaha HS7 - Kemper Profiler -
SE 3300 - SE2200 - SE Reflexion - EBMM AAxis super sport - Taylor 414CE - PRS 513.
by Bbd on Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:39 pm
Hey Tim,

For your next song, post a draft mix and let us chime in. Maybe we can help you in the earlier stages than the later. It really doesn't matter what stage the mix is at as long as it is based on the final song recording.
By that I mean it may not help a poster to get feedback on a song that is not complete unless they specifically ask for opinions. Most posters post a sound that they have completed and then we comment on it. That may not help for the song at hand.
So maybe throw out a rough mix and see what kind of feedback you get (or not).

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Lokeyfly on Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:44 pm
Hey Tim,

Nice job man.I always try to feel (if I can), the direction or intent of the idea, and I have to say, I like all 3 songs, pretty well. I'd agree with Scottyo, a smidge down on the vocal level, but somehow, I like the vocal as is. It's meant to be the prominent part here. The whole thing comes away very honest. I'm hearing a bit of Sid Barret, in a sort of un-disciplined unorthodox behavior way. That is my friend, a good thing. Nice job on the guitars, and backing tracks.

Somehow, I was hoping the 3rd song would be instrumental. Still, it's pretty ok. Like Bbd mentions, just pull in the overall mix, by possibly hearing it lower, mixing, then bringing it out to round things out. Not too much either because if the vocals sit too low, that can really put the listener in a position they don't want to be in. The mix isn't far off, so take all of points constructively. If we didn't care, we wouldn't even mention it.

Good job! How do you like BandCamp so far?

Side note: I like the EP photo, and the title "How close before we expire".

Next of kin: Nice guitars, and reverse reverb in the beginning. Well done.

A farther and son thing: Love the doubling on vocals. Just thinking, the part "The stars in my eyes", have more of a doubling, or maybe some harmonizing on that line. I like this song. Awsome.

Why (change) parsi: Wonderful. Do not change the mix. It is a beautiful song. Nice string backing, and treatments. Do not sell the singer short. The vocals are very natural and it sort of grabs the listener once they acquire the taste.

EP: If you opt to not change a thing, it's still a nice job bro.

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️

6 posts
Page 1 of 1