Share your songs!
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
I introduce to you my latest emotive and thought provoking filmscore produced over the past week or so.

phpBB [audio]

Full Size Image Here

THE INTRANCER- Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist |- Full Orchestral -Trance - Ambient - Film Scores 27 on S-Cloud 7000+genuine plays | 16 on S-Click | Studio One 3 Concept Re-Designs - Sample One XT | Reason X | S-O-3 Pro | Reaktor 6.0 | Reason 7 | C4D | CS6 |Win 7 64 Bit-Intel I7 [email protected],Focusrite Pro 14, ATH M50's, Casio XW P1&G1 Producer 20+ years - FOH - UK Stadium / Festivals) >>Studio One 3D GUI's<<
by scottmoncrieff on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:35 pm
(I'm unable to edit my first post, but here's the new updated version.) :)

phpBB [audio]
Last edited by scottmoncrieff on Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

THE INTRANCER- Digital 2D & 3D GUI / Music Artist |- Full Orchestral -Trance - Ambient - Film Scores 27 on S-Cloud 7000+genuine plays | 16 on S-Click | Studio One 3 Concept Re-Designs - Sample One XT | Reason X | S-O-3 Pro | Reaktor 6.0 | Reason 7 | C4D | CS6 |Win 7 64 Bit-Intel I7 [email protected],Focusrite Pro 14, ATH M50's, Casio XW P1&G1 Producer 20+ years - FOH - UK Stadium / Festivals) >>Studio One 3D GUI's<<
by alexjason on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:35 pm
Really good. Remarkable.

Spooky. Scary at times. Great ever-present tension throughout.

Impressively complex.

I liked the "skipping" effect starting near 1:00 .

I liked the melodies near 2:00

I liked the coughing, breathing, crying, talking effects around 6:00

One suggestion: Since you do 3D graphics, make a video to accompany this score. A series of your still images in a video with this piece would be a powerful experience.

(Also: Just a thought -- a young child's voice saying "No, no" here and there would make it even more emotional).

-- Alex Jason
by scottmoncrieff on Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:08 pm
alexjason wroteReally good. Remarkable.

Spooky. Scary at times. Great ever-present tension throughout.

Impressively complex.

I liked the "skipping" effect starting near 1:00 .

I liked the melodies near 2:00

I liked the coughing, breathing, crying, talking effects around 6:00

One suggestion: Since you do 3D graphics, make a video to accompany this score. A series of your still images in a video with this piece would be a powerful experience.

(Also: Just a thought -- a young child's voice saying "No, no" here and there would make it even more emotional).

Thanks Alex, it's always interesting to hear what others think of your work and also notice the little details which make piece.

It's actually from a production perspective constructed a bit differently from my last piece although I am using the same sort of layering technique as I did before. The complexity and number of tracks involved for each element is similar even though this is a shorter track, approximately around 180. (Around 110 tracks for the first layer). I found the process very revealing because the foundation's of the orchestral instruments follow a different chord path which are at a much lower sound level, the fusion of different chords and melodies added more of the drive layer, but the bridge sections were actually the foundations :). I had to mentally visualise being part of an orchestra and the flow of the violin movement's performed from observations I'd seen on TV programs.

The FX elements, voices and such like have their own time and space, the type of sounds and effects used can break or make the mood I think, having less can actually be more...so I try and fall on the side of caution.

Whilst the visual goal in the theme I had was very different from the end result, I knew I wanted to focus on something different. So one afternoon I drew the curtains and watched a couple of films and a few on late at night. The end section was composed after watching the film 'The Keep', which is a film from 1983, a dark WW2 horror like film and the music from Tangerine Dream was a key influence in this part....From there it sort of went 'The Hills Have Eye's' in theme, another horror film...which sort went into co-incidentally combining with what's been happening in the world recently.

The submarine model was something I designed and created for an animation test back in 2014 for an underwater scene with particles. I wasn't creating cover artwork for my music back then and it wasn't until the past week I remember I had it. It's quite detailed, but it's my own concept design.

Creating a slideshow depicting the story would be an interesting alternative to creating a digital real world film or CGI animated sequence. I'm not sure what angle I'll take when it comes to visuals other than static representation covers. Going down the visual path can be quite a distraction in maintaining musical momentum. I'll know when I've created enough tracks when it's time to bring all the visual aspects together for actual film production which I can fully focus on. :)

by scottyo7 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:34 am
Very nice. :D
Well mixed and balanced in the stereo spread.
The kick has the perfect energy and 'thud' for this.

It sounds like a lot of work goes into your songs/compositions.
So I hope you're able to get them sold or used commercially. ;)

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by scottmoncrieff on Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:22 pm
scottyo7 wroteVery nice. :D
Well mixed and balanced in the stereo spread.
The kick has the perfect energy and 'thud' for this.

It sounds like a lot of work goes into your songs/compositions.
So I hope you're able to get them sold or used commercially. ;)

Thanks Scott, yeah when you're working with so many instruments and parts in the number I do in my compositions, getting the mixing right is quite critical. In the days leading up to actually posting this, I was actually semi deaf in my left ear with a nose / ear blockage cold thing. I'm going to be posting an update to fix / change one or two things in the track. Changes to the panning loudness and duration of the hi-hats which I didn't notice is something I'm correcting right now and one or two other percussion elements. Other than that, I'm pretty happy with it, it has some unusual pronunciation's with some words, but I guess that sorta gives the story some character and theme to it.

It will be interesting to see where my musical creations take the turn in the road to bigger things. I have a few idea's in the direction that could be. Until then I'll continue to push the limits of my imagination in my head to the software and the real world for others to enjoy. :)

by scottmoncrieff on Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:09 pm
Well...I thought I'd resurrect this apocalyptic track given world events in the past few days / weeks with 'Rocket Man'.

7 posts
Page 1 of 1