Share your songs!
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
phpBB [video]

Here it is at last!

I hope you enjoy as much as I did when I wrote this. :thumbup:

Vocals: David Chunn
Everything else: Ilmari Ponkala

Gear list: Studio One 4, Focusrite Clarett, Ibanez guitars, Kiesel Vader 8, Hughes and Kettner Vortex amp, HP omen with GTX1060,Ryzen 7 and 16gb DDR4 ram
by alexjason on Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:00 pm
Great work.

Not my type of music but beautifully done. Great vocals and loved the piano throughout the piece. Particularly the beginning and ending piano -- and the cello (?). Delicately done.

Great melodies.

Every thing was very well done.

-- Alex Jason
by davidlopez2 on Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:33 am
ilmariponkala wrote
phpBB [video]

Here it is at last!

I hope you enjoy as much as I did when I wrote this. :thumbup:

Vocals: David Chunn
Everything else: Ilmari Ponkala

I can hear the TesseracT influence all over this between the guitar riffs and your vocalist channeling in his inner Daniel Tompkins. Cool stuff
by jpsbuk on Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:01 pm
We've had so many glimpses of this work as it developed that I almost feel part of the journey :)

And the verdict on the journey ... simply wow! This sounds just so professional and like you've been making music for 40+ years!

If I were to pick on just one thing it would be that the vocal is a little low in the mix in places but that really is nit-picking!

Stunning!

Thanks for sharing!

Studio One 4.5.0 Professional
MacBook Pro (2018) 2.9GHz 7th Gen i7 Processor 512GB SSD, 16GB RAM, Radeon Pro 560 4GB with Presonus Studio 24C
Mac 27" i5 with Presonus FireStudio Mobile
Akai LPK25, NI Komplete Kontrol S49 Mk2, Komplete 11, Nektar Impact GX49, NI Maschine Jam, NI Maschine Mikro, Faderport 1, Artiphon Instrument 1

http://soundcloud.com/busterbuk
http://busterbuk.bandcamp.com
https://www.facebook.com/BusterBuk/
by Bbd on Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:10 pm
It's great.
So many perfect pieces in this production.
You guys really nailed it. What a trip!
The mix is great in my ATHM50's and on my D5 & Sub, it seems like some bass build up.
You probably got your mix spot on and it's my system and just in case others comment on the low end, you have my reference as well.

For some feedback if you want it.
I think the lead voc is a hair too loud because of the tone of the vocal. If you added some harmonic distortion to it and put a thin edge to it, it might find its place in the mix where it is stonger but not louder.

I think the vocal could actually use a bit more reverb in sections or maybe a long delay? Not sure. The guitars are in their world and I think the vocal needs to connect to them somewhat.

Anyway, super job. All the best with this.

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by ilmariponkala on Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:17 am
Thank you all for your kind words and feedback.. :thumbup: I am very relieved that you enjoyed our work!

And thanks for the feedback too. Now I know what to do better next time :)

-ilmari

Gear list: Studio One 4, Focusrite Clarett, Ibanez guitars, Kiesel Vader 8, Hughes and Kettner Vortex amp, HP omen with GTX1060,Ryzen 7 and 16gb DDR4 ram

6 posts
Page 1 of 1