Share your songs!
9 posts
Page 1 of 1
A song I wrote for my son Alex. All comments welcome.

phpBB [audio]

Light of Days Gone By

Verse 1
Light of days gone by
The memories of my life
Oh the mountains I have yet to climb
But now as time moves on
I hear a different song
In the heart of my only son

Chorus 1
He was God's gift to his mom and I that day
and thru the years I've watched him grow
and find his way
And so the journey of my life is not my own
for with his love I will never walk alone

Verse 2
Finding a heart of peace
At times is hard to reach
when the thunder starts to roar
But as a father to my boy
he's dreams are now my joy
thru each day and forever more

Chorus 2
He was God's gift to his mom and I that day
and thru the years I've watched him grow and find his way
And so the journey of my life is not my own
for with his love I will never walk alone

Bridge
The day he drew his first breath
our chosen one
Changed our lives forever
our precious son
Glory to the Father
let His will be done

Verse 3
Light of days gone by
The memories of his life
Oh the mountains he has yet to climb...

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by jpsbuk on Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:22 am
Really not the type of song I would generally listen to but I really enjoyed this from start to finish.

Great subject, eloquent lyrics, really nice tune and expertly played and produced! Nothing else to say really apart from 'beautiful'.

Thanks for sharing!

Studio One 4.5.0 Professional
MacBook Pro (2018) 2.9GHz 7th Gen i7 Processor 512GB SSD, 16GB RAM, Radeon Pro 560 4GB with Presonus Studio 24C
Mac 27" i5 with Presonus FireStudio Mobile
Akai LPK25, NI Komplete Kontrol S49 Mk2, Komplete 11, Nektar Impact GX49, NI Maschine Jam, NI Maschine Mikro, Faderport 1, Artiphon Instrument 1

http://soundcloud.com/busterbuk
http://busterbuk.bandcamp.com
https://www.facebook.com/BusterBuk/
by anthonylindsey1 on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:25 pm
That was beautiful. Why are we compelled to write a song for a child of ours? I have done the same.

I really like the lead guitar panned hard, sounds like a Telecaster to me. All around great production.

Alesis ADAT
Tascam M 2516 recording console
Studio One PRO 3.1.1
M-Audio BX5 D2 monitors
Mackie CR4 desktop monitors
Presonus Digimax D8 preamp
Tama Starclassic Bubinga
Windows 10
Pentium Dual Core E5700 @3 gighz
RAM 3 gig / 64 bit OS x 64 bit proc.

https://soundcloud.com/toddset4life
by pmsezztfs on Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:12 pm
Well written, performed excellently and mixed flawlessly. I give it a: :thumbup:

Well done Jimmy. :)

Michael Morgan | pearl hour project
---------------------------------------------------------------
Intel i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz | 16G ram
Windows 10 | Studio One v3.3.1 | Live 9.6 (all software 64 bit)
RME Fireface UFX | Nektar Panorama P1 | AKAI MPK25 | M-Audio Keystation 88 I Maschine 2 | Fader Port 8 ;)
by Bbd on Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:24 pm
jpsbuk wroteReally not the type of song I would generally listen to but I really enjoyed this from start to finish.

Great subject, eloquent lyrics, really nice tune and expertly played and produced! Nothing else to say really apart from 'beautiful'.

Thanks for sharing!

Much thanks jpsbuk. I appreciate the nice comments!

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Bbd on Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:27 pm
anthonylindsey1 wroteThat was beautiful. Why are we compelled to write a song for a child of ours? I have done the same.

I really like the lead guitar panned hard, sounds like a Telecaster to me. All around great production.

Thank you anthonylindsy1. It's a good thing to write a song for someone you love.
I liked the guitar pan as well. It was my Strat on the closest settings I can get to a Tele. I used Ampire on it.

Bbd

by Bbd on Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:29 pm
pmsezztfs wroteWell written, performed excellently and mixed flawlessly. I give it a: :thumbup:

Well done Jimmy. :)

Thanks Michael! I struggled a bit with the bass and lead vocal. The lead vocal might be .5db too soft. Not sure yet. I glad you liked it.

Bbd

by oliver p. on Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:24 pm
I agree with the comments made by the others, the song and mix sounds quite flawless to me. Your vocal fits in good, loud enough in my humble opinion. If i'd be your son, i'd have a bright smile in my face and heart..... :thumbup:

J. Oliver Petry | i make music | Germany
Studio One Professional 6.6.0 | Win10 Home Edition 64bit |
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz | 16 GB RAM
| Audient id4 | Nektar GX61

youtube
by Bbd on Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:33 pm
Hi Oliver,

Thank you for such a great compliment. I really means a lot to me.
Thanks for the feedback on the vocal too.

Bbd

9 posts
Page 1 of 1