Share your songs!
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi, folks!
One of my first songs released first time at soundcloud. Please listen and give me some feedback. It's a demo mix for an album I hope I could finish just in about a year. Next songs coming soon.

phpBB [audio]
by ghow on Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:40 am
I just started this in June and I'm reaaly getting into this........
Post in some info. Live cut with a band? Members names, instruments played, if it was live what equipment did you use?......oh yes Great soond.Nice composition. 8-)
by UnforcedRMP on Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:59 am
Hi ghow and all others who are interested,

This song is recorded track by track, not live. All rhythm guitars and bass is played by myself. For drums I used addictive drums 2. The lead guitars are played by Steve Raphael who sent me his track. On vocals it's Rob Notes. Mix and mastering by myself. I use Studio One Pro 2 as DAW with additional plugins. I record 32 bit floating, 48 kHz.
Now some track and instrument details:
Lead guitar Steve Raphael: Nik Huber Dolphin guitar and a Diezel Amp. More details I don't know (which cabinet, which microphone). To optimize the lead guitar I used following plugins in this track: Izotope Alloy 2 (Equalizer Low- and Highcut, Midboost, Exciter and Dynamics), followed by IK-Multimedia T-Racks CS British Channel for more bite, followed by SPL Twin Tube for a better position in the mix. And as a send effect the HOFA IQ Reverb with a plate reverb.
Vocals by Rob Notes: Verse: Waves Chris Lord Age signature plugin (with bass, treble, compressor, delay), followed by Rob Papen A-mod plugin (just a little bit of chorus), as send effect the HOFA IQ Reverb also with a plate reverb, Chorus:Izotope Nectar 2 with saturation, compressor, EQ, De-Esser, delay, distortion and phasing, as send effect HOFA IQ Reverb
Rhythm Guitar by Snake Stone: Gibson Les Paul bridge pickup (burstbucker pickup), bx_rockrack pro amp simulation, red5 cabinet impulse responses and their mixR2 plugin for IR,
Bass by Snake Stone: Hagström rock bass, ignite amps SHB-1 Amp simulation, red5 cabinet impules responses with their mixR2 plugin, IK Multimedia T-Racks CS Equalizer and Compressor
Drums with Addictive Drums 2: Drumset Fairfax (Triggered and ready) and a little bit of HOFA IQ Reverb as send effect
backing vocals by Rob Notes: just waves Chris Lord Age signature bundle and HOFA IQ Reverb as send effect
mastering chain: IK-Multimedia T-Racks CS: Compressor, Quad-Limiter, Equalizer and Brickwall Limiter, followed by BBE Sonic Maximizer

For mastering I also use IZOTOPE Ozone 5 Advanced. Most guitar rhythm parts I record two times with different guitars (my other songs) and then place one guitar absolutely left, the other absolutely right.The lead guitar I always place at the center (just at the solos, not in verse).

The best amp simulations for free you find at ignite amps. Search for it at google. But you need an convoluation plugin with cabinet impulse responses. Also search for LePou Plugins. There are also phantastic amp simulations for free and a convolutin plugin. For how to use you'll find videos at youtube.

Hope that's enough information for you at this time. For any further details please pm me:
[email protected]" target="_blank

No rock, no fun
Snake Stone
by Push on Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:20 pm
Too many harsh on hi hat, snare and lead guitar. Stereo space (panoraming) is wrong. Too many hi mids everywhere. Sorely lacking low mids in the mix Master sounds synthetic.

Don't use Izotope plugs, man. They are not suitable for live guitar music. Live instruments after processing Izotope sounds as VSTi ;)

Regards.

Presonus Studio One, Presonus Audiobox USB, Presonus M7 Microphone, Presonus HD7 Headphones.
by Bbd on Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:50 am
Push wroteToo many harsh on hi hat, snare and lead guitar. Stereo space (panoraming) is wrong. Too many hi mids everywhere. Sorely lacking low mids in the mix Master sounds synthetic.

Regards.

Agreed. Bass and kick are good. I posted something like like on your first song thread as well.

Bbd

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by victorlob on Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:13 pm
very original...I love it...nice production...You are a very talented musician

6 posts
Page 1 of 1