Share your songs!
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Jean Baptiste Demouy aka JB Moonshiner is a talented french songwriter and folk guitar player. This recording took place at his home and was done at 24bits 88.2kHz using the Antelope audio Zen studio portable interface and a SAEC high quality USB cable. Microphones time and phase alignment was done in Presonus Studio One with Soundradix auto-align plugin. No EQ, compression or artificial reverb were used. These are samples from the real performance without editing. You can hear extracts from two JB Moonshiner compositions : "Dawn is not safe anymore" and "Dancing of the whale" and a William Tyler cover, "We can't go home again"
To enjoy the original sound quality, please download the WAV 88.2kHz file!
phpBB [audio]

JB Moonshiner is working on his second album but you can listen and buy his songs here : moonshiner2.bandcamp.com/

Mr Fab de Paris

Studio One 2.6.5 Pro.
Dell inspiron 17 windows 7 64bits
Eiosis Air Eq
UVI Sparkverb
Flux Elixir V3
Nomad Factory Magnetic and Cosmos
Audiobox 22 VSL
Antelope audio Zodiac+ with Voltikus
Antelope audio ZEN Studio
Rode NT1
Sennheiser HD600
Audio Technica ATHM 50x
AESD monitor 6 + bass 10 class A multi-amplified system
SAEC usb/clock/power cables
by Bbd on Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:53 am
Great sounding and playing. So clean and warm. Very nice job to both of you.

Bbd

Bbd

OS: Win 10 x64 Home, Studio One Pro 6.x, Notion 6, Series III 24, Studio 192, Haswell CPU: i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM: 32GB, Faderport 8/16, Central Station +, PreSonus Sceptre S6, Eris 3.5, Temblor 10, ATOM, ATOM SQ
by Mr Fab on Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:07 pm
Thank you Bbd, that's very kind of you!
JB is good for sure ;)
We used a stereo pair of AKG C214 and an old Sennheiser omni dynamic, the MD21, used in broadcast. It just happened to sound really good close to the guitar.
I just got rid of the city rumble with Pro EQ and nothing else except that crucial time alignment with Soundradix auto-align. This tool is one of the very best buy in software i've made.
Otherwise, Zen studio from Antelope audio is a fantastic compact portable interface that I enjoy to use with S1... and so do my son Joseph , aged16.

Mr Fab de Paris

Studio One 2.6.5 Pro.
Dell inspiron 17 windows 7 64bits
Eiosis Air Eq
UVI Sparkverb
Flux Elixir V3
Nomad Factory Magnetic and Cosmos
Audiobox 22 VSL
Antelope audio Zodiac+ with Voltikus
Antelope audio ZEN Studio
Rode NT1
Sennheiser HD600
Audio Technica ATHM 50x
AESD monitor 6 + bass 10 class A multi-amplified system
SAEC usb/clock/power cables
by garywright1 on Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:16 pm
You've made an excellent job of recording a great guitar player - this is really nice :)

4 posts
Page 1 of 1