Share your songs!
9 posts
Page 1 of 1
phpBB [audio]
by zzskhg on Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:10 am
Nice guitar work! Personally, I'd kill the reverb on the vocals and make the guitar tracks more wet to get the vox stand out more. Melodyne might help clean up the vocals a tad too.

Windows 10 home, i7 quad core, 16 gig ram, studio 192, faderport 8, jbl lsr305 monitors. S1v3.2 pro.
by timmorris on Mon Jul 27, 2015 12:16 pm
Sorry....didnt like the vocals at all....and yes...ditch the reverb.

Presonus 16.4.2 - Mac mini 2.3G i7, 16G Ram, Faderport - S1 -3 Pro
Novation Impulse 49 - Yamaha HS7 - Kemper Profiler -
SE 3300 - SE2200 - SE Reflexion - EBMM AAxis super sport - Taylor 414CE - PRS 513.
by scottyo7 on Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:59 am
Not there yet.
The guitar vibrato is a bit pitchy and too fast for my taste.

What did you do with the money your parents gave you for vocal lessons? ;) Really though,,, you might have a decent tone but you need to work on your pitch and delivery.

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by moribamarcano on Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:33 pm
zzskhg wroteNice guitar work! Personally, I'd kill the reverb on the vocals and make the guitar tracks more wet to get the vox stand out more. Melodyne might help clean up the vocals a tad too.

Thanks for the input, much appreciated, you made good recommendations.
I forgot the forum existed, due to the immature nature of most of the comments I stopped checking in. Anyways, I'm a producer, I made this post primarily hoping to find people interested in singing the song. Also for feedback on the production, because I was new to the software at the time. I'm now also a publisher, so I'm still looking for people interested in covering the song.
by moribamarcano on Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:35 pm
timmorris wroteSorry....didnt like the vocals at all....and yes...ditch the reverb.

Thanks for the input. I forgot the forum existed, due to the immature nature of most of the comments I stopped checking in. Anyways, I'm a producer, I made this post primarily hoping to find people interested in singing the song. Also for feedback on the production, because I was new to the software at the time. I'm now also a publisher, so I'm still looking for people interested in covering the song. Thanks again.
by moribamarcano on Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:42 pm
scottyo7 wroteNot there yet.
The guitar vibrato is a bit pitchy and too fast for my taste.

What did you do with the money your parents gave you for vocal lessons? ;) Really though,,, you might have a decent tone but you need to work on your pitch and delivery.

Hello sir, I didn't realise that you knew me and/or my parents.
I was also unaware that I was given money for vocal training.
Anyways, I forgot the forum existed. Due to the immature nature of most of the comments, yours being a fine example, I stopped checking in.
That said, I'm a producer & I made this post primarily hoping to find people interested in singing the song. Also for feedback on the production, because I was new to the software at the time.
At any rate, I'm now also a publisher, & I'm still looking for people interested in covering the song.
by scottyo7 on Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:49 pm
Sorry if you can't take a joke then... that's all it was. ;)

If you can't admit you're vocal skills are lacking then that's OK.
You can also take vocal lessons.
Joe Bonamassa was kicked out of bands cuz he couldn't sing... now listen to him. 8-)

You allude that you're in the music industry... then you should know you'd have a lot better chance of getting this song pushed along with a better vocalist.

Best to you.

Please add your System-Gear-Info to your Profile here.
-S1 Pro 5.5.2. Win11 Pro 22H2. Behringer UMC404HD. Melodyne Studio 5.3.1.018.
-MSI 12th Gen i7, 16GB, 1GB SSD x2, 7200rpm 2TB HD, NVIDIA RTX 3060.
-EZD3 & EZD2. Helix Native, Scuffham S-Gear. iZotope Ozone 5.
-Akai MPK249. 6 Guitars. Line 6 Helix LT, 2 POD's & an E-bow. 8-)
-Adam Audio T8V's. Dual 28" ViewSonic Displays. Rode NT1. SM58. Original Faderport.

-Just My Songs
-My Previous Band: 2GUYZINABASEMENT
by Lokeyfly on Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:39 am
Hi moribamarcano,
I enjoyed this. It comes across very sincere, and the style lends itself to exactly the vocals you put in. Sort of a Tom Waits feel. There's an overall club/lounge thing going on, and reminiscent of an old spring reverb on the voice. Sort of it all happening through one amp, so I get the intent.

Nice guitar sound brother. I liked the little trills, and vibrato.
Be well, and God bless,
James

S1-6.2.1, HP Omen 17" i7 10th Gen, 32 GB,512 GB TLC M.2 (SSD),1 TB SSD. Win10 Pro, Audient iD14 MkII, Roland JV90, NI S49 MkII, Atom SQ, FP 8, Roland GR-50 & Octapad. MOTU MIDI Express XT. HR824, Yamaha HS-7, NS-1000M, Yamaha Promix 01, Rane HC-6, etc.

New song "Our Time"
https://youtu.be/BqOZ4-0iY1w?si=_uwmgRBv3N4VwJlq

Visit my You Tube Channel
https://youtube.com/@jamesconraadtucker ... PA5dM01GF7

Latest song releases on Bandcamp -

Latest albums on iTunes

All works registered copyright ©️

9 posts
Page 1 of 1