Routers, Switches, Cabling, Access Points, Repeaters, etc all discussed here
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I have a Presonus SL 32.4.2 AI mixer. I want to use my studio monitors (powered Focal Alpha 80's) in a separate room without speaker cables. What devices would I need to accomplish optimal remote sound?
by williammullins on Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:57 pm
I have a Presonus SL 32.4.2 AI mixer. I want to use my studio monitors (powered Focal Alpha 80's) in a separate room without speaker cables. What devices would I need to accomplish optimal remote sound?
by SwitchBack on Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:48 pm
All I can say is that you need very good reasons for using anything but cables on your studio monitors. In live situations I'd happily go with a wireless headset and wireless mics since things aren't super critical there. But in a studio?

But there you have it. You can go with a headset transmitter and a plug-in receiver. Depending on what you spend you should expect some loss of bandwidth and dynamics. Dunno how critical your studio monitoring is... :)
by mwright137 on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:33 pm
Please post only in one place.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website

4 posts
Page 1 of 1