Routers, Switches, Cabling, Access Points, Repeaters, etc all discussed here
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hello,

Thanks for looking. I'll get this out of the way, I'm a newbie.

I have configured a 2- NSB 16.8 and a StudioLive 32r on a SL32. Somehow, the order shown in the stagebox dialog is as follows: NSB 16.8. 2, StudioLive 32R and NSB 16.8. 1. Being anal that I am, I was wondering if there was a way to reorder tthem alphabetically. :oops:

Thanks for your insigts.

JimK
Telstar

Telstar

Win 10 (x64) ProStar (CLEVO) P775TM1-G Notebook 3.6 Ghz Intel Core i9-9900K, 64 Gb DDR, 1TB (HD) (x3),
Presonus Studio One v4.6.2.58..StudioLive Series III 32, NSB 16.8 (x2), Earmix 16M (x2), Temblor T10 Subwoofer, Sceptre S8 Monitor (x2)
Roland/Edirol PCR-80 Controller
by wahlerstudios on Tue Oct 20, 2020 4:17 pm
An aphabetical order would make sense, but the system responds more to the "time" aspect, which means the order when the items were added. I can't check this, because I do not own a NSB stagebox, but from what I see as behavior of the "ecosystem", I would let the FOH mixer boot first, then the rack mixer, then the first stagebox and then the second stagebox...

But do you really need to "see" this? Once you have set up your network and stored this in your project, everything will be recallable and normally you won't look at the settings again.

Thanks for your post. Welcome to the Forum!

SL16 | 32R | 16R | 3* 16M | SW5E

Apple routers | iPads | Alesis iO Docks | Yamaha S112, S15e, S10e, SM12, SM10 | LD Systems Curv 500 | Galaxy Audio Hot Spots | Mac mini | Lenovo Laptop | Studio One Artist 5.1.2 & Pro 3.5.6
by SwitchBack on Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:12 pm
Renaming the units (e.g. ‘stage left’, ‘stage right’ and ‘monitor mixer’) is probably a better option. It won’t change the order but you don’t have to memorize what’s what anymore. And the names ‘stick’ to the units.
by telstar on Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:21 pm
Thanks for the tips and insights.

I guessed alphabetizing after the fact wasn't going to work. But what do I know. wahlerstudios, you are correct, "do I really need to see this" "get over it" (my words).

SwitchBack "naming" is a good idea...so obvious. I think I will use your idea. :thumbup:
Thanks again!

JimK
Telstar

4 posts
Page 1 of 1