Routers, Switches, Cabling, Access Points, Repeaters, etc all discussed here
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi.

I have a setup with SL64S + 2x NSB16.8 networked together through SW5E using cat6 cables.
The mixer is set as FOH, one NSB is as i/o at stage and the other as i/o in serverrack for end broadcast setup.

In this setup, the NSB in server rack is always powered on, NSB at stage and mixer are turned off daily.

Are there any possible problem with this? Are there any recommendations in which order should the hardware be powered on?

EDIT: typos
by SwitchBack on Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:02 am
What about the SW5E? Is that always on? I prefer to have the networked stuff up and running before switching on the mixer, so that the mixer doesn’t look for alternative I/O routing options. But it’s a simple experiment to check if the mixer reverts to NSB routing when they come online after the mixer. Without the SW5E I think it does. Don’t know how it is with a switch involved.
by wahlerstudios on Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:26 pm
The NSB stageboxes have no own processing, which could somehow disturb, so the power on/off constellations do not really matter. But what matters is the mixer as "heart" and "clock" of the network. You will always have to check if the stageboxes follow the mixer after they have connected (blue LEDs). It happens that AVB settings (network input and output streams) get lost or are not getting completely recalled as you would expect. The SW5E is unproblematical. It just passes signals when switched on...

SL16 | 32R | 16R | 3* 16M | SW5E

Apple routers | iPads | Alesis iO Docks | Yamaha S112, S15e, S10e, SM10 | LD Systems Curv 500 | Galaxy Audio Hot Spots | Mac mini | Lenovo Laptop | Studio One Artist 5.1.2 & Pro 3.5.6
by stremiaoy on Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:33 am
Sorry for late reply.

SW5E is always on.
We have experienced a connection loss to NSB's but that was my fault for setting the mixer to network clock. Now it is internal, as I understand it should be.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1