Routers, Switches, Cabling, Access Points, Repeaters, etc all discussed here
16 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey all. I’m trying to help out a customer and I’m not in front of the board so I’m a little handicapped troubleshooting myself. Here goes:

Studiolive 32 SII with two NSB 16.8’s. Inputs from the NSB all seem to be working fine, but on channels 25-32 they can’t get phantom power to lock on. The push the button on the mixer, but there is no change in the display and the indicator on the NSB doesn’t light up. When they change the input on the board to the onboard XLR, phantom power lights up and provides.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance.
by wahlerstudios on Tue May 05, 2020 6:23 pm
There were problems with phantom power display in earlier firmware versions, which were resolved. You should always use the latest version:

● Series III Firmware - v2.3.0.16845
● NSB 16.8 - v1.2.16705
● NSB 8.8 - v1.2.16705
● EarMix - v1.2.16705
● SW5E - v1.2.16705

The files can be downloaded on the download pages of mixer and stagebox or in your PreSonus account.
by Josjor on Tue May 05, 2020 6:25 pm
wahlerstudios wroteThere were problems with phantom power display in earlier firmware versions, which were resolved. You should always use the latest version:

● Series III Firmware - v2.3.0.16845
● NSB 16.8 - v1.2.16705
● NSB 8.8 - v1.2.16705
● EarMix - v1.2.16705
● SW5E - v1.2.16705

The files can be downloaded on the download pages of mixer and stagebox or in your PreSonus account.

I should have mentioned: all updates done with the latest firmware just this Saturday on the mixer and the two NSB16.8’s.
by wahlerstudios on Tue May 05, 2020 6:29 pm
Ah, I see. I don't own a NSB stagebox, so I can't check what the situation is. Could you try this firmware version for the mixer?

● StudioLive Series III (all models) - v2.2.16741
by SwitchBack on Tue May 05, 2020 6:45 pm
Probably, unless they have a lot of custom patching going, a reset of all digital patching is a good idea. Should get rid of any previous patching gremlins.

If the reset doesn’t restore phantom power control for all NSB channels then at least It will take a lot of guesswork out of further communication with your customer ;)
by johne149 on Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:07 pm
i have a 16.8 nsb have phantom power only working on input 4 have an 8.8 all phantom power works but none outputs working
by SwitchBack on Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:45 am
There's quite a few details you need to get right before an NSB does what you want it to do. Of course there's the possibility of a faulty unit but with these mixers I'd look at user error first. This is not a plug-and-play system, far from it..

So maybe we - as a users community - can come up with a step-by-step to rule out faulty gear. And users with problems should provide details about their gear, computer, setup, software and firmware versions, and experience level. One-liners won't do with these complex mixers. Thanks :)
by wahlerstudios on Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:19 am
Did you check this video?

"Routing Outputs to One PreSonus NSB Stage Box"

https://youtu.be/07Vp68rprBA
by andysadlon1 on Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:08 pm
Did anyone figure this out I have the exact same issue. However I also noticed that on the UC surface phantom power is not listed as an option.
by SwitchBack on Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:42 pm
First set up outputs to your stage box. Even if you don't use them the stage box still needs to link to outputs from the network's clock master device/mixer for proper clocking (watch the video Wahler posted).

Then set up your mixer to use the stage box for inputs, which means:
- sourcing one (8.8) or two (16.8) of the mixer's 8-channel AVB input streams from the stagebox
- patching those AVB channels to the mixer channels you want them on
- switching those mixer channels to network input

Here's a video with the steps.

If all goes well then you'll get the phantom power option on those channels too.
by johnwilson9 on Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:16 pm
Hey folks thought I would help you out hear since I had the same problem. Bassically, you can't have phantom power over network if you are using a gain compensated stream. Its a bit of a bummer if you like independent control over the cramps from a secondary mixer. Anyway use the normal stream channels not the gain compensated ones and you will have the ability to control phantom power again.
by kashitkimafu on Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:37 pm
Josjor wroteHey all. I’m trying to help out a customer and I’m not in front of the board so I’m a little handicapped troubleshooting myself. Here goes:

Studiolive 32 SII with two NSB 16.8’s. Inputs from the NSB all seem to be working fine, but on channels 25-32 they can’t get phantom power to lock on. The push the button on the mixer, but there is no change in the display and the indicator on the NSB doesn’t light up. When they change the input on the board to the onboard XLR, phantom power lights up and provides.

Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

HI GUYS ME TOO I HADE THE SAME PROBLEME, THE SOLUTION IS: OPEN YOUR UC SURFACE ,OPEN YOUR MIXER ,CLICK ON SETTINGS ,NETWORK,AVB INPUTS. CHANGE YOUR FROM
NSB 16.8 SEND. 1-8 (GC)OR NSB 16.8.SEND 9-16(GC) TO NSB 16.8 1-8 AND
NSB 16.8.SEND 9-16. THAT'S WORKING PERFECTY.
THANKS ENJOY. GUIDOKSTMUSIC
by kashitkimafu on Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:53 pm
Josjor wroteHey all. I’m trying to help out a customer and I’m not in front of the board so I’m a little handicapped troubleshooting myself. Here goes:

Ideas?

Thanks in advance.
HI GUYS ME TOO I HADE THE SAME PROBLEME, THE SOLUTION IS: OPEN YOUR UC SURFACE ,OPEN YOUR MIXER ,CLICK ON SETTINGS ,NETWORK,AVB INPUTS. CHANGE YOUR FROM
NSB 16.8 SEND. 1-8 (GC)OR NSB 16.8.SEND 9-16(GC) TO NSB 16.8 1-8 AND
NSB 16.8.SEND 9-16. THAT'S WORKING PERFECTY.
THANKS ENJOY. GUIDOKSTMUSIC
by kashitkimafu on Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:05 pm

Ideas?

Thanks in advance.

phpBB [video]
by johnforeman1 on Mon Feb 19, 2024 6:52 am
I have exactly the same issue "No phantom power control when controlling over network" but the box is a 16R not an NSB and in Monitor Mix Mode.

Does the same solution apply here or are there other options?

Thanks
by SwitchBack on Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:39 am
No, mixers (used as stage boxes) don't offer two network channels per input (GC and non-GC) like the NSB stage boxes do. So all users on the network will have to live with one preamp gain setting per input. You can lock out all users except one (e.g. the FOH mixer) from changing those settings, to prevent havoc. Other users will have some local input gain control but it will be working off the gain set by the mixer in control.

Not that this should be a big issue, as long as the one controlling the preamp gains is disciplined. It can even be an advantage. When an input gets louder during the performance then FOH can correct it and all mixes will benefit.

NB. Setting up a mixer in stagebox mode should automatically configure the patching but you may have to switch the inputs to AVB input on the mixer issuing the 'go to Stagebox mode' command. Then that mixer will control the inputs of the 'stagebox', including phantom power.

16 posts
Page 1 of 1