Routers, Switches, Cabling, Access Points, Repeaters, etc all discussed here
3 posts
Page 1 of 1
My apologies to the forum but I am relatively new to Presonus and digital sound. I have a StudioLive 24 Series III mixer and a StudioLive 24 Rack Mixer connected via a SW5E AVB switch (Stagebox mode and the SW5E link lights are blinking for 1 and 2 as they should). I am on a PC (not a MAC). I was testing a Mic in Ch. 1 on the rack mixer and I get no level on Ch. 1 or any channel. This was working fine but stopped working. I have checked the Mic and cable, I have tested the Mic through Analog Ch. 1 on the console mixer and that works fine. I have reset everything to the factory defaults and followed the setup for stagebox configuration of the 24R. I don't know...I seem to have exhausted everything but I am a newby and well, I may be forgetting something simple. Anyway, any help would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Cheers!
Michael...
by wahlerstudios on Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:58 am
1) Try a direct connection between mixer and stagebox without SW5E. You don't need the AVB switch.

2) Let the two mixers connect, then choose "Stagebox Mode" for the 24R. You should see a green LED showing the "clock" of your network (which is the console) and 24R and Stagebox Mode. The connection is indicated on the 24R by two blue LEDs.

3) Now the inputs on your console need to be set to "Network", because they receive a network signal (the microphone plugged into channel 1 of your stagebox).

4) Try the same with the AVB switch involved. The procedure should be exactly the same.

Hope this helps. And welcome to the Forums!
by michaelhickey4 on Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:27 am
Success! Direct connecting the 2 mixers worked right away. I then reconnected the SW5E and it started working again. Something must have been "cached" or stuck in the AVB network? I will be using the SW5E when I get the Ear Mix 16M and that's why I was going through the AVB switch in the first place. Anyway, thanks for the help.

Cheers!
Michael...

3 posts
Page 1 of 1