Routers, Switches, Cabling, Access Points, Repeaters, etc all discussed here
2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Just wondering....

I was planning on eventually setting up Ethernet cables around the house so I can use other rooms for recording and then get one NSB unit that I can move around. But I was not sure if I would need to shut everything down to unplug - move to another room - then plug back in.

I guess the safest process might be to: save the scene in the StudioLive, unlink the NSB from the board using the Stagebox screen in the Audio Routing area, move the NSB, relink the NSB, then finally reload the scene.

Do the NSB units need to be powered down before you connect/disconnect the AVB connections or are they "hot swappable?"

p

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU = Intel Core i&-3770K CPU @ 3.5GHz
Ram = 32GB
Graphics = NVIDIA GeForce GT640
Displays = Acer T232HL & AOC 2429W
Studio One 5
StudioLive III 32
Focusrite Liquid 56
Focusrite ISA428
dBX 161s
Universal Audio 6176
Allen&Heath GL3000
by Trucky on Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:12 am
I'd recommend powering the NSB down before moving to another room in your house. In my testing everything worked fine providing each location was on the same router/switch.

PLEASE ADD YOUR SYSTEM SPECS TO YOUR SIGNATURE.
Download the SO 6 PDF MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) Subject 2) Description 3) Country 4) Product 5) OS 6) Audio Software

Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (23H2), Studio One 6.5.2 Professional | Notion 6.8.2 | Universal Control v4.2.0.96206
Intel NUC 13 (Intel i5-1340P, Intel Iris Xe Graphics, 32GB RAM, 2TB SSD, Revelator, SIII 32

2 posts
Page 1 of 1