Routers, Switches, Cabling, Access Points, Repeaters, etc all discussed here
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hey all

We are using the cs18ai board to control S!. During a normal session the cs18 will crash 4 or 5
times but we are sort of used to that. Today after a normal crash today the cs 18 ceased to respond to the daw.. The cs18 can see the daw. and the router to which it is wired and the daw button can be activated. The faders, however, no longer respond to or reflect the daw settings... nor does transport work.

The board aquires the wired Ip addresses appear normally but the board will no longer acquire the wireless ip addr of the router... My phone and ipad see the wireless side of the router (netgear40 few months old) just fine.

Can anyone give me any ideas about how to fix this problem. We miss the board a great deal.

tom
by matthewgorman on Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:02 am
This sounds network related. Is the CS wired or wireless? Are you on the current firmware, 7055? And the current version of Studio One, 3.2?

One of the things to look at is the IP address and subnet for each piece of the puzzle. Is the router set to dish out the ip, or are you manually configuring?

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V5
by matthewgorman on Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:03 am
Another point to note, running mardi gras mode requires the CS to be power cycled afterwards to regain control.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by tommy100010 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:48 am
Hey guys

tx for your reply... all software and flashes are the latest version and everything was power cycled ad museum.

tx

tom
by matthewgorman on Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:01 pm
Double check your networking numbers, and maybe try different connection type? I had similar to this a few weekends ago. Everything saw everything, but I had no control. Turns out you need to hit apply on the self assigned ip config. Who knew? :oops:

try a wired connection if you are going wireless, just to rule that part out.

Matt

S1Pro V5
by tommy100010 on Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:14 pm
Tx matt,

There is a wired connection with a static wired ip addr... I can move to dynamic... but I have exactly the same problem.. detection but no control and no wireless ip assigned
by matthewgorman on Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:34 pm
Re-reading your op, it looks like the dual connection may be causing the problem? Are you trying to use AVB audio on the CS? I only see you using a non avb router, unless I missed something.

Try turning off static IP and let the router handle the ip addresses. Personally, I would only use one type of connection, and its usually wired. The manual does state examples of using wired and wireless together, but that is a specific use case and to my knowledge is only applicable when direct connecting an RM mixer to a CS to be able to use the AVB ins/outs on the cs.

So just to clean up here. Wired connection from CS to router. Wired connection from PC running S1 to router. Router set to DCHP mode to dish out the ip addresses for everyone. Unless you changed configuration in the router itself, it should be set to dchp out of the box. As an example, I have the router in my studio set to bridge, not dchp, as I am using it to redistribute internet in the studio. In my example, the main router in my house handles the dchp duty. You don't want 2 routers in the same network set to dchp and handing out ip addresses to devices.

Matt

S1Pro V5

7 posts
Page 1 of 1