Discuss using Dante, Audinate Software and Dante enabled consoles, etc.
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi

I am looking forward to get RM series Mixer when the Dante option is available.
However, I am wondering CS18ai would work with Dante option card installed RM16/32ai mixers.

If yes, is there any functional limitation like remote controlling 3rd party Dante compatible pre-amp via cs18ai.

Thank you!
by PAE_Perry on Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:58 am
Hi Kyutae,

The CS18AI control surface unit would definitely be able to "control" the digital parameters within the RM32AI (with a Dante option card installed) via the network connection.

There is a functional limitation however, in that there would be no *audio* transported between the CS18AI and RM32AI mixer in this particular use case scenario, only control.

Thanks for your interest and asking!
by kyutaekim on Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:38 pm
Thank you for the info.

Another question about functional limitation.
does [no *audio* transported between the CS18AI and RM32AI mixer] mean I cannot hear the solo if I plug my headphone to cs18ai?

if yes, do I need to plug my headphone to RM mixer and would solo button on cs18ai will enable solo on RM mixer?
by mwright137 on Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:09 am
You are correct - no audio means none of the ports on the CS18AI would pass audio, including the headphones.

I would think the solo buttons would still send the solo buss to the headphones on the RM.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website

4 posts
Page 1 of 1