Discuss using Dante, Audinate Software and Dante enabled consoles, etc.
7 posts
Page 1 of 1
Just wanting to ask, with the line of Presonus products that are on the market is it possible to build a complete LIVE DANTE RIG big enough to handle medium size (smaller festi stages, banquet halls, theater) gigs using NOTHING but Presonus?
by matthewgorman on Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:56 am
Shortly. They have yet to release the Dante cards for the mixers, but once that happens......

Matt

Lenovo ThinkServer TS140 Win 10 64bit, 8GB RAM, Intel Xeon
Lenovo Thinkpad E520, Windows 7 64bit, 8 GB RAM, Intel i5 Processor

S1Pro V4
by petergudmundsen on Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:15 am
Well on the video side on www.presonus.com is a video from 2013 Plasa London talking abut the AI mixers. In the background is running a INFO saying that Dante cards for the mixer will ship fall of 2013. Now it's nerly fall of 2015.
I have 4 Dante cards for the speakers NOT installed cos I'm waiting for the card for the mixer.
Personly I fear that Presonus decided that Dante is yestedays solution and droped the plans with Dante to move forward with AVB and others.
by SwitchBack on Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:21 am
I don't know if that assessment is even close, but for an all-PreSonus solution it probably doesn't matter. I'm pretty sure that all PreSonus AI equipment eventually will talk AVB. Easier to manage than a more open standard (supposing it will reach that point) like Dante which has to be able to talk to everything and its brother :)
by lostinsound on Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:23 am
I recently got a chance to use a network of 10 Presonus mixers, all with Dante cards installed. It was pretty freakin' cool. I was using it in a teaching situation, not a concert, but in setting it all up using the Dante controller software, it was easy to map any input or output as a "transmitter" to any other input on a receiving mixer. I had my laptop on the network as a Dante device too, using the Dante Virtual Soundcard software.

I can see a lot of potential for use in a live environment. If the situation called for it, you could easily have separate FOH, monitors, and recording consoles all pulling from the same inputs. You could also send a talkback or other extra sources from FOH. You could even set up an always-on Dante intercom system between FOH and monitor world. In addition, with a Dante card installed, you can have 2 different computers recording off the same mixer for redundancy (one firewire, one Dante). It's an extremely flexible system and obviously, there are plenty of other Dante devices out there from other manufacturers that you could "talk to".

I'm very interested to see what capabilities Dante and AVB allow when the RM mixers get the update that allows them to be cascaded.
by sjc193 on Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:27 am
Lostinsound, That's pretty amazing!

With such a large network of mixers involved, was there any noticable latency happening that could cause grief for someone setting something like that up in a festy situation?

Steve

StudioLive RM32AI
Rackmount Windows 8.1 PC Quad core 8G ram
ASUS RT-N66U Dual Band Router
IPad2, IPad Air 2, Studio One 3 Pro, 1 DBX Driverack 260
2 QSC KW 153's, 2 Turbosound TMS-1's
2 OHM MR450D Subs with Kilomax 18inch drivers
4 EV ZLX-12P's, 1 TurboSound iX15, 2 Yamaha S115V's
1 Crest Pro-Lite 7.5 (7500 watts) amp, 2 Behringer EP4000 amps
10 58/57 mics, 1 SM86, 1 sE8, 1 sE2200, 1 AT2020, 2 AT2021
1 beta52 kick mic, 2 e609, 2 Radial J48 DI's, 1 PRO48 DI
2 4Bar lights, 1 4Play, 1 6Spot, 1 fog machine
by roblof on Mon Nov 23, 2015 1:04 pm
sjc193 wroteLostinsound, That's pretty amazing!

With such a large network of mixers involved, was there any noticable latency happening that could cause grief for someone setting something like that up in a festy situation?

Steve

There should be no increase of latency due to the number of streaming channels. A link on 1gigabit supports up to 512x512 streams with less than 1ms of latency.

Behringer Wing, iMac late 2015, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, x32 with Dante/aes67, x32-rack with Dante/aes67, s16 and sd16 stageboxes, p16 monitor system, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Motör 61, BCR-2000, StudioLive 24, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, Studio One Pro v4, Notion 6, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate, Halion 6, Nuendo 10, Ableton Live 8 Suite, Reaper 4, misc Line6 gear/software, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron, Yamaha 02r.....

7 posts
Page 1 of 1