Discuss using Dante, Audinate Software and Dante enabled consoles, etc.
13 posts
Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

I'm searching far and wide for the SL-Dante-MIX option card (https://shop.presonus.com/SL-Dante-MIX) but since the product is discontinued I cannot find it, even at used and 3rd party sellers.

Does anyone know where I can find one?

Thanks!
by wahlerstudios on Thu Jul 09, 2020 5:47 pm
by tbogart on Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:09 pm
I am looking for this card as well, but the above site won't ship to US. Anyone know of another source?
by eaglesong on Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:06 pm
I need a couple of these cards as well.
Now that we're in 2021 any other sources for this card?

We'd even consider buying a used StudioLive or RM16/32AI with one installed to get it if possible.

Also, Presonus, would you considering manufacturing more of these cards?'

Thanks!
Jeff
by double trouble on Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:13 pm
Presonus need to step up and fix this problem. For a mixer that's only five years old and to have a common fault like this is unprofessional and a sign of bad loyalty to their customers. for without customers they would not be a company. Most of us have purchased the CS18 desk to go with this mixer and as it no longer talks to their next series have made these worthless.

Presonus how about a fix to this issue.
by glynhughes on Sat May 15, 2021 10:15 am
Well I have a brand new SL-Dante-Mix card in its original box that was purchased in 2016 but has never been used.

I'm based in the UK if that makes any difference.

I also have the SL-AVB-Mix card in the same unused condition and a MOTU AVB Switch if anybody might the looking for one of those?

-=Glyn=-

PreSonus StudioLive 16.0.2 Firmware 0.98f Build 219
PreSonus StudioLive RM16AI Firmware 1.0.7784
MacBook Pro 2.3GHz i7/16GB/1TB SSD/El Capitan 10.11.6
MacBook Air 1.7GHz i7/8GB/512GB SSD/El Capitan 10.11.6
Universal Control 1.7.3 (1.6.5742 Driver 4.2.0.39752)
Universal Control AI 1.5.0.36497
UC Surface 1.8
Studio One Professional 3.2.0.36707
Capture 2.2.0.36497
SL-Remote 1.5.5503
QMix 1.3.5508
QMix AI 1.2.29258
iPhone 6S iOS 9.3.4
iPad Air 2 iOS 9.3.4
by robblazik on Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:43 pm
Another voice added to the "please let me find one" list .....
by roblof on Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:15 pm
Thomann ships all over the world. I would contact their customer service to help you out…

tbogart wroteI am looking for this card as well, but the above site won't ship to US. Anyone know of another source?

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by roblof on Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:16 pm
Btw, keep in mind that those dante cards are on brooklyn-2 firmware v2.x and can’t be updated beyond that.

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by brocklawley on Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:24 pm
I have one. Brand new. Never used.
Email me if you’re interested.
[email protected]
by brocklawley on Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:27 pm
I have one. If anyone is still interested contact me.
It is brand new. Never used.
Make an offer.
[email protected]
by fredcoad on Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:42 pm
HELP - SL-DANTE-MIX
Well it's now the end (almost) of 2022 and the SL-Dante-MIX cards are impossible to find.
We purchased a matching StudioLive 24.4.2AI and we want to join them together and run both of them via DANTE (currently using an analog snake, and FireWire on a PC w UC and Capture)

PreSonus - is there any timeline on when these cards will be back in stock? or are they discontinued?

If they're discontinued, is there a compatible card of some kind I can use instead?
Can I use DANTE Virtual Soundcard software (or PCI card) in conjunction with FireWire to both boards?
Can I use FireWire through UC to control / access TWO StudioLive mixers at the same time?
Can I use Dante Virtual Sound Card to control / access TWO StudioLive mixers at the same time?

If I could get SL-Dante-MIX cards, what DANTE device(s) would you recommend for use on the "stage" to capture all our mic's - and to receive our Monitor mixes etc.?
by wahlerstudios on Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:44 am
You can still find information about the "StudioLive 48AI Mix System", as it was called and the text says: "Each StudioLive 48AI Mix System provides a robust 64x50 FireWire audio interface". StudioLive 48AI Mix System means two 24.4.2AI cascaded with one of them being the Master mixer, so two SL-Dante-MIX cards will not do what you think. Only the Master mixer can use a Dante card and if you don't have one, it's very, very difficult to get one. They are extremely rare on ebay and other platforms. The cards are discontinued and the shops are empty. And PreSonus has never said that they plan to re-release any of the AI cards.

To be clear: Cascading AI consoles works only through FireWire and there is no other way to connect anything. No Dante, no AVB. You will loose time and money by trying to find old equipment and it's not said that it works as you expect. The Dante cards use a very old protocol, which is not compatible with current Dante standards. I'm no expert for Dante, so don't ask for details. I just "mirror" what has been written in the Forums and other sources.

The SL24.42AI was a nice mixer. I had one and used it with a RM32AI as AVB I network stagebox. Later I had a CS18AI, a RM32AI and a RM16AI until a new firmware version killed the cascading feature. Then I joined the Series III world and I have to say that I do not regret it. It's way better than the AI world and it's also possible to connect AVB II and Dante via the AVB-D16 "AVB-to-Dante-Bridge". The D16's are quite expensive and they only make sense when a connection to Dante equipped mixers is needed. The AVB II system is very similar to the Dante system and it's complete. You can even add a computer (Mac) to the 64x64 AVB network for recording and playing tracks.

https://www.presonus.com/products/Studi ... Mix-System

13 posts
Page 1 of 1