Discuss using Dante, Audinate Software and Dante enabled consoles, etc.
5 posts
Page 1 of 1
This is really nice:
Users can also connect non-Dante mixers, such as a first-generation StudioLive, to the analog inputs of a Dante-equipped AI loudspeaker and then broadcast the signal over the Dante network using CAT5 cables.

How many channels of audio would go to the dante network - Two?

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by PreSonuSupt2 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:07 am
I believe you're referring to the Dante VIA software that has not been released yet. That's a question only Audinate can answer at the moment and even that will depend on the combination of hardware and software used.

For example, if it is a hardware Dante card you'll get better latency according to their data and, if I recall correctly, greater throughput. If it is all software then it will be more limited. I'm sure combinations of both in different equipment will yield different results as well or be limited to the lower capable item.
by roblof on Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:14 am
PreSonuSupt2 wroteI believe you're referring to the Dante VIA software that has not been released yet. That's a question only Audinate can answer at the moment and even that will depend on the combination of hardware and software used.

For example, if it is a hardware Dante card you'll get better latency according to their data and, if I recall correctly, greater throughput. If it is all software then it will be more limited. I'm sure combinations of both in different equipment will yield different results as well or be limited to the lower capable item.

No, this is not what I meant.

That was a quote from your press release regarding the dante card on your studiolive speakers. According to that press release the speaker will translate analog input to dante.

Since the speaker has two inputs I'm wondering if the dante card will output two channels as well.

Studio One Pro v5, Notion 6, Nuendo 11, BitWig v3, Reaper v4, Ableton Live 8 Suite, iMac late 2015, Behringer Wing/x32-BigBoy/x32-rack all with Dante/aes67 and s16/sd16 stageboxes, Flow8, Waves x-wsg with SoundGrid server, Behringer X-Touch, X-Touch ONE, M-Air mr18, X-Air xr18, DP48, Hub4 and p16 monitor systems, TurboSound iQ-speakers, Motör 61, BCR-2000, FirePod 10, Apogee Ensemble, Alesis HD24, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate Collectors, Halion 6, True Temperament Frets on basses and guitars, Katana-100, DT-50, JSX, JCM800, Korg Kronos, Roland vk-7, Behringer Deepmind 12, Behringer Neutron
by PreSonuSupt2 on Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:11 am
Ah, I misread. You are correct.

Analog into the speaker and Dante back out.
by mwright137 on Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:45 pm
The Dante card is a 2x2 card, so max 2 outputs.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website

5 posts
Page 1 of 1