Discuss using Dante, Audinate Software and Dante enabled consoles, etc.
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
I had this working fine but I musta done something :)

I am trying to assign static IPs to both my SL2442AI and my RM16. The static IP on the 2442 seems to have "taken" but I can not get the RM16 to accept anything but a dynamic IP. Now it won't even see the DHCP server and makes it's IP address something completely different than the rest of the Dante network. It will not accept any IP update from either UC or Dante Controller. It seems to be stuck and unreachable. I have tried power cycling it to no avail.

Any ideas on why this happened/is happening and how to fix it? Hopefully, once I get a static IP to "stick" it won't revert to some strange off-the-network IP. But that is what has seemed to have happened and it makes me nervous..

And yes, I believe that I only have one DHCP server so I can't guess where it got the funky IP.

D.

BTW, I got my Dante recording chain working at 96K. It just doesn't include anything made by Presonus. Ha!
by tourtelot on Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:16 pm
Got it stick by assigning it through UC via Firewire. Strange that it didn't work over the network connection while it did fine for the 2442. Oh, well. All set now.

D
by matthewseymour on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:05 am
I've had this problem, which was down to not running the latest firmware.
by tourtelot on Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:25 am
Thanks Matt. Pretty certain I am up to date. But I'll check.

D.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1