Discuss using Dante, Audinate Software and Dante enabled consoles, etc.
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
.. just confused?

I was under the impression that a Dante card in a SL18 sub would output the audio from the subs audio out connections to pass to the head on a stack, the same way the sub passes the audio if connected with analogue cables. But it doesn't seem to work...

Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to have Dante cards in EVERY speaker?

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.
by PreSonuSupt2 on Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:58 pm
HI Karyn,

It should be possible as the cards are two channel in the speaker. Let me look into it a bit with my rig and see what I can come up with.

Ping me in a PM next week Monday if I don't get back to you before then or if someone doesn't answer for me.
by Karyn on Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:04 pm
Thanks, it just seems totally counter-intuitive to have to run a cat5e for every speaker when you can run a single analogue cable and just patch between all the speakers in a stack...

Plus, we were told (and it states in the manual) that you can't use WiFi control in a speaker with Dante but you can for all the other speakers... which seems to imply you would have other speakers without Dante in them in the same rig.. So you have to get the audio to them somehow...

Karyn

-------------------------------------------------------
SL32ai, RM32ai, SL328AI x2, SL18sAI x2, all Dante.
Studio 192, Digimax FS, Faderport,
Sonar Platinum, Studio One.
http://refer.waves.com/dzDVn
Dante Level2 certified.
by scottproaudio on Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:19 pm
I have just set up my Dante rig and as far as I can tell, you need a Dante card for every speaker. The reason being, that once you go Dante you no longer have wifi via USB connectivity to your speakers and need to use the network to set various things via SL Room Control like Fail Over Mode which allows you to connect both analogue and Dante inputs to your speakers so in the event the network goes down you still default to good old analogue. This works on a speaker by speaker basis hence the need for the cards in each box. :D

Production Company Owner
Series 3 SL24 console and 32r Rack mixer
RM/CS AI series Mixers and Racks on Dante
SL/AI series speakers 312, 328,18S on Dante
Firestudio Project interface
Studio 6/8 interface
Studio One 3 and 4
HP60 and HP2 Headphone amps
E5, E8, E3.5 and E4.5 speakers
Dante Level 2 Certified

4 posts
Page 1 of 1