Capture 1.x and Capture 2.x
4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Just got my 32.4.2AI up and running with the band. Now I wanna record with capture. My question is should I use an apple laptop. Or use a windows based unit. Sound guy is using a iPad for FOH and two of us on stage are using ipads for monitors. The rest are using iPhones. Will be recording 27 feeds at once. any suggestions? Thanks .
by mwright137 on Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:26 pm
Anymore it's a matter of preference, although it's easier to find a Mac with FireWire than a PC nowadays.

I am Sir Melvis Bacon, Knight of BaconHam Palace.

Studio One 2 Pro 3.3.x (64 bit). MacBook Pro 13". OS X Sierra version 10.12.3.
RM16AI and CS18AI connected in Stagebox mode via MOTU AVB Switch.
StudioLive 328AI (x2); AudioBox 22 VSL; BlueTube DP V2; FaderPort; Monitor Station; RC 500; Temblor T10.

To add your software and hardware specs to your signature to make it easier for us to help you, click HERE.

My Website
by SwitchBack on Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:58 am
Did that 32.4.2 already come with an AVB capable option card? As that would remove the firewire requirement pretty soon.

Also the upcoming software update was said to bring the AI mixers and RM mixers closer together, suggesting that UC Surface would come to the AI mixers too. In that case a (W8.1) computer with multitouch screen would be preferable.
by mikevanderford on Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:42 am
Been supporting windows for many many years professionally. Buy a Mac, you wont be sorry.

4 posts
Page 1 of 1