Capture 1.x and Capture 2.x
6 posts
Page 1 of 1
This was a problem I thought was "normal" with my "detached" USB2 drive (on a laptop)..... But, it is still present with a new 6gb transfer internal drive (on a brand new I7 desktop).
About 10 seconds into a capture session... I get the "Your drive is not fast enough" message. Clicking OK & restarting.... It records for hours with no problem. I now know the "trick".. but anybody know why it does this (and maybe a solution)... tnx
by TMurphy on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:03 am
I had the same problem. I was doing my first important gig with my new 16.4.2. The band started, I hit record, Error message! I thought I was going to die. I restarted and it ran for hours. On succeeding gigs same thing.

Please fix this.
by ForumAdmin on Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:10 am
Check out this knowledgebase article that I wrote to help with situations such as this:
Samples and Sounds on External Hard Drives

Forum Admin
Please add your specs to your SIGNATURE.
Search the STUDIO ONE 5 ONLINE MANUAL. Access your MY.PRESONUS account.
OVERVIEW of how to get your issue fixed or the steps to create a SUPPORT TICKET.
Needs to include: 1) One Sentence Description 2) Expected Results 3) Actual Results 4) Steps to Reproduce.
by TMurphy on Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:42 am
Your excellent knowledge base article does not explain why the recording fails on the first attempt and then literally runs for hours on the second. I would expect if the drive was too slow that you would see dropouts throughout. It looks as though the checking mechanism within Capture needs to wait a short while before beginning checking or that Capture is not properly initializing the recordings but only on first attempt.
by gadget69 on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:22 am
Hi,

Perhaps you could tell us a bit about your system? If you look a my signature line I have the information needed for most anyone to be able to help with a problem I'm having.

In the article, Alex indicates that recording to the boot drive is a bad idea. Some have made it work, some have had no such luck. You didn't indicate what you are using for the recording process, so perhaps if you flesh this out we can figure out what is going on.

A Tech service ticket would be a good idea here as well...The guys are tenacious at finding out what is going on so you can get back to recording. If you have a ticket already, get me the number and I will see what I can find out.

regards

Tower:
Asus Crosshair V formula Z motherboard
AMD FX9590 4.0 GHZ 8 CORE CPU
16GB 2400MHZ RAM CAS8
512 GB SSD PRIMARY HDD
1.5 TB THOSHIBA 128MB 7200 RPM DRIVE
2.0 TB WD BLACK 256 MB 7200 RPM DRIVE
AMD R9-290 4GB VIDEO CARD
Windows 7 P sp1
2006 Imac
Lenovo thinkpad Z565 upgraded with a Quad core processor, SSD and maxed out 8GB ram
Win7 Sp1
Mac 2006
Ipad 3,
Ipad 4,
Ipad Mini
Iphone 6s+
Audiobox USB
1818VSL
i2
Studiolive 2442Ai
SL 16.4.2 X 2
Studio 1/3pro
Sony Sound Forge 10
Engineer / producer
Owner Twilite Zone productions
Owner Studio G
by snapnt on Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:22 pm
Sorry didn't get back to this in a timely manner... been busy...
I HAVE had good luck with an external harddrive (both using the usb2 & ESATA interfaces (The ESATA drive was a WD set up for streaming live video, so I'm pretty sure it was fast enough for 16 channel audio). Like I said in the original post tho... it did have some problems on first start recording (and I assumed it was a spin up issue or something).
However....
The new "desktop" has an I7 processor, ram up the wazoo, TWO WD Black harddrives (one running ONLY the audio recording,which is formated after every session)... and the condition still persists. I do make a separate folder on the drive so it is actually accessed moments before the actual recording begins (which I would think would "spin it up")... To my knowledge, there is no "green" software applied to the drive to keep it spun down when not in use (altho that is a possibility).
Not a fatal flaw... but annoying.....
capture 2
Asus motherboard I7 processor
WD Black 2 gig drives

6 posts
Page 1 of 1